19 - "Amá"

My grandpa is doing better than he was, so I felt like posting this chapter. Though the hiatus is still far from over, I am in better spirits today. Thank you for all of your comments and well wishes, they help me keep smiling.

Your Author,

-Jenna

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

He remembered the feeling of being carried. The ground rumbled beneath them, but whoever was holding him never faltered. They held him tightly, gently as if he were a precious object in their grasp.

Everything was fuzzy. His optics were dim and fading, the lights on his frame following. Was he going offline? What had happened? This was something he couldn't know at the time. All he clearly remembered was that he was scared, and the core within his chest felt like something had been ripped from it.

This was much worse than anything done to him during his time with the villains. The pain he endured there was childish taps compared to this. He wasn't sure what had happened, but this was not the first memory of his creation.

It was the last.

"ℍ𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕟, 𝕃𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕆𝕟𝕖," They whispered. Even if his sight was failing, his hearing was clear. Their voice was light, familiar in his audio receptors. They were female from what he could gather. Who were they? He did not know. But he could hear their desperation.

Bright, blue tears openly flowed down her face. She held him tighter, racing through the corridors of this place as fast as she could. "𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝔸𝕞á 𝕚𝕤 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖. 𝕀'𝕝𝕝 𝕗𝕚𝕩 𝕪𝕠𝕦." One could tell that she was in pain saying these words.

What did "Amá" mean? It was another word from that ancient language. A shortened, nickname version of another word. He knew what nicknames were, Katsuki Bakugou had told him a lot about them. The scene was passing by too quickly for them to truly discern everything that was being said, at least not at this moment.

He could not recall why he was damaged this greatly. His core was a fractured mess within him, and the original injuries of his body were present. What had done this? Too much information was still missing to truly tell. But for some reason, his worries were not on his own failing frame.

"Amá..." His voice was hardly there, too weak from the lack of energy. "don't..."

It seemed that at this point in time, he had known who she was. Though right now, viewing the memory, that information was lost to him.

Her optics flooded even more. She knew what she was going to have to do, and there was no way for her to stop it. Instead, she looked down at him, wiping his stray tears away. "𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕠𝕜𝕒𝕪."

They ran through corridors, reaching a hallway with a carpet of familiar blue. Tall pillars lined the room, the ceiling high above them. But the walls were cracking, crumbling from the world's shaking. A distant roar of outrage echoed in the distance.

Something was coming for them. Something vile and sinister, but somehow, it was also something familiar—