16 - Humans Are Strange

Art Drawn By Me! Sorry this update took so long, a lot of things have been happening which set my schedule completely behind.

Unit 001 speaking: "It will look like this..."

Unit 001 thinking: It will look like this.

Others who are NOT Unit 001 thinking: 'It will look like this.'

Unit 001's mainframe/AI: [It will look like this.]

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

"Hm?" Unit 001 turned away from Katsuki, curious. He was still wearing Eri's extra gown, the pink of it contrasting with his skin(?) It unnerved him, being watched like this. His little hand grabbed Katsuki's shirt, showing his discomfort.

Unit 001 was scared of the humans wearing white coats. They reminded him of the doctor who tried to dismantle him during his first days trapped with the League. His swirling orbs darted left and right, scanning everything he saw.

They reminded him of damage, of pain. But Katsuki and Eri trusted these people... and he trusted them.

That didn't change the fact that Katsuki holding him was the only thing keeping him from running away, though. Seriously.

He did not want to hurt Katsuki by trying to escape his arms. Frankly, he felt safer being held by him than he did running away and hiding. Why was this? He did not understand. It must be part of this form's programming to seek comfort from something or someone that is familiar.

So, he grabbed as much of Katsuki's black shirt as he could, trying to mitigate the trembling in his frame as he hid as much as he could in his arms. For some reason, this caused many of the humans around them to say "Aww~" and something along the lines of "So cute."

He almost wanted to go back to Eri's room. He wanted a hug from her again, his emotions were not very stable.

[Status: 100/100]
[Energy: 15/1000]

[Minimum of 15% Energy required to revert to Passive Mode.]

Fifteen percent out of 1000 energy points... that was 150 points total. He needed 135 more before his AI counterpart and combat systems functioned as they should. He was with Eri for 3 hours. In that time, he only managed to gather 5 points of energy. After doing the calculations, to get back to his passive mode as quickly as possible, he would need to be within pure sunlight for at least 81 hours. There are only 12 hours of pure sunlight during the day, which means that it would be a minimum of 7 days of exposure before he was able to return to passive mode.

That was seven days of being stuck in this small, helpless form amongst humans that scared him...

[Emotional instability rising.]

Katsuki noticed the little robot's discomfort immediately. It was the attention, he didn't like it. One could understand why. He spent months making sure that he was unnoticed, being still, hiding himself to keep himself alive. Suddenly being the center of attention in this starkly different sense was overwhelming.

The ash blond did not like that Tin Can was scared like this, and gave a sneer to everyone around them, "The fuck you staring at? Huh?"

'Can't you see he ain't comfortable? Discover the damn floor, the ceiling, the walls! Stop staring at him! 6 feet back!'

He actually growled at them.

Yes. Katsuki adopted Unit 001 without even realizing it, the same way Eri did.