26 - AI's Ultimatum

Neo speaking: "It will look like this..."

Neo thinking: It will look like this.

Others who are NOT Neo thinking: 'It will look like this.'

AI speaking to Neo (in mind): [It will look like this.]

AI speaking to others: [It will look like this, ӨЯ ƧӨMΣƬIMΣƧ ƬΉIƧ.]

Neo's Mainframe: {It will look like this.}

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

A day had passed and things were going smoothly again. Leo had finished up their test early so he could check on some of the patients himself. So they put everything on hold until the day after. During that time, Neo stayed in Eri's room. If he was to charge anywhere, he wanted to be by Eri.

He had since returned to his toddler-like state, as he charged better like that. Plus, he enjoyed being able to sit with Eri on her bed. Eri would teach him about her drawings and different foods, and he would record everything she said with wrapt attention. The adults called it a 'sleepover'.

Neo liked 'sleepovers'. Eri had told him that he was like a nightlight, too. She said it was cool watching his lights travel around his frame. He liked being 'cool'.

Now they were back to testing again, though this time with a lot more caution. Leo continued his scans and Neo supplied his own explanations, based on his own inferences through AI. Neo may be a child, but his mind works more like a computer in terms of speed. Add AI to that, and you get a supercomputer.

Leo was able to piece together a bit more of Neo's 'quirk' and how it affects him way better than when he was relying on his own scans. He knew the only reason for that was AI, and he understood that the only reason she gave him such information was for him to better help her charge. Leo had proven himself to her, though she was still touchy about his unwitting 'invasion' of Neo's mind, and the same thing could be said about the others.

AI was a personification of 'I will never forget, and I won't let you forget for the duration that it bothers me'.

From the data gathered, Leo accessed that when Neo woke up in those ruins, he was in something that could be called {Emergency Mode}. All of his power was set solely on keeping him alive, which meant that 80% of whatever he had was in his heart core while the other was focused on trying to fix the major issues.

This paired with his {Self-Recovery} system, which creates tools from his body and head cables to fix his inner frame. It was a bit alarming (a lot, Eri freaked out.) when he took his arm off to reach impossible places. Now that there was no damage he needed to be wary of, he could even detach his head if he needed to.

Lucio's hair went purple in anxiety, "You gotta warn us next time you decide to take off your head, Neo. You almost gave me a heart attack!" Then his hair became a light green, a thoughtful color. "Marcus and Mason would love that though... Even though they're heroes, those brothers of mine are some vicious pranksters."

He actually shivered at the thought. Imagine someone like him, who loves bright, colorful things, in a room that looked like it came from a monochrome horror movie. Even his clothes! It was a nightmare of an April Fool's Day, quite literally. They didn't even clean it when they got their laughs out, claiming they had hero work to do!

It took him an entire week to fix it.

He made sure to get them back though, and Lucio was the petty sort of prankster.