28 - Start Line: Neo

Neo speaking: "It will look like this..." | Neo thinking: It will look like this. | Others who are NOT Neo thinking: 'It will look like this.' | AI speaking to Neo (in mind): [It will look like this.] | AI speaking to others: [It will look like this.] | Neo's Mainframe: {It will look like this.}

.

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

.

Neo wasn't sure what was swirling in the core of his frame, but the longer he spent with the humans, the stronger it got.

He watched them interact with each other. Laughing and chatting together. Small groups of families stick together to watch the events unfold.

This is society. This was the world I am in.

The sky was wide, so blue and vibrant. Flurries of soft clouds sprinkled across it, framed by the trees as his gaze returned to land. Green grass contrasted by pavement, this was the campus of the human school for heroes.

It is crowded.

Neo did not like being surrounded by so many humans. While not as put off by them anymore due to his more positive interactions, he'd spent longer in the negative. It would take much longer for him not to have his guard up around them.

They were an unpredictable species, a hostile race full of abnormality.

His currently small hand gripped Katsuki's evermore. He never let go of his hand. Eri was with Mirio, taking in the sights while he was looked after by his own hero.

Humans were social creatures. They formed groups of friends and family and stuck together.

He had Katsuki, Eri, and Lucio. He had a few others that could be considered friends.

He had AI as his family.

He watched mothers hold and hug their children. He watched fathers lift them into the air and smile when they laughed. Grandparents dote on their grandchildren with gifts and sweets. Infants marveled at the colorful world around them.

Something in his chest reacted, swirling in an emotion he couldn't discern. Bright lights and sound blurred into a still, vacant gray.

Had I experienced this before with someone precious to me?

He had no answer, as he had no memory aside from the one: Amá. Only a piece of her was left within him. Only a fraction of her conscience could be felt in the form of AI.

If she was here, would she hold him like that?

Would he laugh like them?

Would he understand happiness then?

Neo did not know. He didn't understand laughter and happiness the same way these humans seemed to. Their soul flows were color scapes of emotion, molding perfectly into the world as they experienced their lives.

My soul is not like theirs.

Neo was different from them. He was a being with a soul, not human. How would he be able to experience their level of emotion?

No, the question was did he even want to?

The feeling grew in his core as they made their way to the venue. Katsuki was going to be doing something with his class, as all of the other classes were. Neo wanted to watch him.

Maybe then, he would learn a bit about human emotion.

.

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════