20 - The Strangest Human

Unit 001 speaking: "It will look like this..."

Unit 001 thinking: It will look like this.

Others who are NOT Unit 001 thinking: 'It will look like this.'

Unit 001's mainframe/AI: [It will look like this.]

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

Due to the stress-filled situation that was that memory, the adults thought it best not to overwhelm the child with their obvious questions the moment he woke up. They were patient as they asked him how he was feeling, letting him wrap his head around the things that he'd seen and remembered.

"I'm... sorry, about what you had to see." Kioku voiced, "All that was there was heartache in the end. I'm so sorry, dear."

The others in the room felt the same. Sure, they had a bit more information to go on thanks to what they'd seen, but they were left with double the questions too.

What exactly did they see?

Who had wrecked that world that was so different from their own?

Where even was that, to begin with?

Who was this kid's mother?

Who was this kid?

"Yes. If you have any wandering thoughts you need to sort, you can ask any of us, lad." Dr. Silvan added.

For a long while, the child was silent. They didn't mind this and patiently waited for him to sort through things. They couldn't blame him for needing time. What they'd seen... it was traumatic even for them. Imagine what this little guy was going through.

"I have to get back. I have a lot of work to do." Naomasa said, rubbing his temples to ease his growing headache. With this information, a lot of these questions had been answered, yes. But it left a lot more questions in his wake. Though, with the information and his own authority, there was a lot he could do and get started on.

Such as legal documents, establishing a legal identity for the child, and making sure no one could touch them from a legal standpoint. He wouldn't let it happen, and with the subtle gazes he exchanged with the other adults in the room, they understood what he was going to do as well.

"I'll head out as well. I hope to see you again, young one." Small Might said, a genuine smile on his face. He could see the tiny bot's eyes whirling, recalling their small interactions. After a moment, he nodded, noticing how Toshinori's smile got that much larger at the small movement.

With that, the former number one hero and his best friend said their goodbyes, leaving the room. They looked to the remaining hero in the room, and he could feel the question in their eyes.

"I was going to visit her today with one of my problem kids."

"Ah, Midoriya?" Dr. Silvan asked, receiving a nod from the shaggy-haired male. "Yes, he and the other youth Mirio, were visiting my unofficial granddaughter today. The moment her condition stabilized they practically ran here. Good boys, those two."

At that, the little bot perked up. "This unit wishes to see Eri."

"Hm?" Kioku met his eyes, "You want to visit her, too? Are you sure you don't want to rest a bit more? The memory session was—"

"Success."

His lights seemed to brighten as he addressed the adults still in the room. When the adults realized what he was saying, their eyes became the size of saucers.