21 - What is a Smile?

Art Drawn By Me! This piece is from a while ago, taken from Neo's perspective in Chapter 12 when he was coming back from near death! It's good to be back! I hope you guys had a very wonderful holiday!

Unit 001 speaking: "It will look like this..."

Unit 001 thinking: It will look like this.

Others who are NOT Unit 001 thinking: 'It will look like this.'

Unit 001's mainframe/AI: [It will look like this.]

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

"Uh. Um. Huh? What?"

Izuku didn't know what to think. He's been outed. His secret's out. The kid knows.

"Why do you have the eight pieces of soul within you? This also occurred in the individual "Toshinori". Can you explain this?"

He knows.

What the heck is he supposed to say to that?!

"W-w-w-what do you m-m-mean by that?" He tried his best to stay calm, though, by the confused tilt the child gave him, he wasn't doing a very good job.

"What are "pieces of soul"?" Thank god for Eri! Unit 001 diverted all of his attention to her, unknowingly giving Izuku a breather.

"Yeah, I'd like to know too!" Mirio didn't mask his curiosity. Like everyone else, he'd wanted to meet this little guy for a while. There wasn't a single person who hadn't heard about this child. "Could you tell us?"

"Soul: The essence of life. Every living being has a soul. It grows and matures during the lifespan, and departs from the body when it dies."

"So like a ghost?" Mirio asked.

"Partially." He answered curtly.

"Wait. You're saying that I have ghosts in me?!" Izuku didn't know whether to be fascinated or mortified! Truly, this had to be another secret hidden within One For All, but... but what did it mean?

Did it have something to do with what he'd seen back at the sports festival? Thinking back to that incident gave him chills... the silhouettes. They... they must have been the previous wielders of One For All.

How were they there?

Why were they there?

"I'm haunted?!"

"Unknown," Unit 001 answered. "It is strange." His gaze settled on Izuku. "You are strange."

The greenette tried not to wince at that. "H-How are you able to tell that I'm, um, haunted?" Izuku was trying to calm himself to ask better questions. "Is that your quirk?"

The robotic child seemed to think about this for a moment before he answered him. "Unknown."

He did not answer further. It was a part of his system. His model, 001, was naturally able to do these things. He did not know why, though. He was sure that many of the extra systems he had were from Amá.

"Strange Midoriya," He repeated his earlier question, "Are you human?"

He put an emphasis on the fact that Izuku was strange. Knowing this, the greenette didn't exactly know how to feel. He looked at Aizawa, who nodded, then at Mirio, who also knew the secret, before nodding to himself.