Part 1: That Shift

I wake up to my alarm going off only to realize that it's 6:30 am. I get out of bed and go to my restroom, and do my business and take a hot shower. I check my phone before I leave, and I have 10 minutes until my shift. I go through a local McDonald's and get breakfast.

it's only a 12 hour shift, what could go wrong? I think to myself.

"y/n standing there won't get any work done. Start working or it's more overtime!" my manager, Chase, yells 2 checkouts over.

I roll my eyes and I'm greeted with my first customer. "How are you today?" I ask with a grin. The customer just gave me a smug look and when I was finished with his groceries he just went on about his day.

-time skip to later in the shift-

It was about 6:30 or so when I seen 4 men walk in with cameras and film equipment. I thought of saying something but I didn't want an even more stressful day than I already had. I looked at one of them, he had a floppy sunhat on, and a light beard. Another I seen, which looked over at me, was wearing a black flat-billed hat backwards. He looked awfully familiar. He gave me a smile and turned away. I didn't study them too much to make it seem awkward, but one stood out to me. He had brown hair and was a little bit shorter than the others. He was a bit attractive. I waited at the register for them to finish their shopping and when they got to the register there were so many electronics I didn't know what to do. I scanned item after item after item, which seemed to have taken at least 20 minutes. The total rounded out to be $14,760. After that it was the end of my shift. Thank God. I walked out with them only to remember I didn't have a ride. Of course.

"Load it up guys." One said. The one that didn't do anything just looked around. He seen me and walked over to me. He sat next to me.

"Are you okay? You looked lonely." he said.

"I'm okay. I just don't have a ride. Typical for someone who has a dead end life with no money working overtime at an in the middle of nowhere supermarket." I say.

"Whats your name? Mine is Karl." he said

"I'm y/n. Nice to meet you." I say partially smiling.

"That's a pretty name. Nice meeting you too." Karl says, his blue eyes shining in the parking lot lights.

"Where are you from?" he asks.

"I was born in New York, but I moved here when I was 7." I say looking at the ground.

I yawned. "I'm fucking tired. I have no ride, my life is a dead end, I have no money. I have nothing to do with my life." I put my face in my palms.

Karl starts to rub my back. "It'll be okay, y/n. I can give you a ride if you want?" He asked.

"Really?" I ask, shaking.

"Of course! That's what friends are for right?" He said smiling.

He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Thank you, Karl. It means a lot." I say hugging him.

----------------------------------

Sorry, this was sort of a longer chapter. Longer than some first ones I've read lol. Hope your enjoying the story so far. I have a lot more ideas to come. :)

Word count: 595