Part 5: Past Life

I wake up at 5:00 am to the smell of bacon hitting me.

"What the hell is he doing up so early?" I thought.

I walk downstairs to see him cooking breakfast for him and I.

"Karl what's all this?" I ask shocked.

"Oh, morning sleepy head. I decided that since you had a rough day yesterday, I figured I'd wake up early and make you a good breakfast." He said.

"Awwe, Karl, you didn't have to. I'm used to going hungry." I say holding my stomach.

"Well I wanted to. You're not going hungry ever again. Especially in this house." He said laughing.

I laughed. I sat down and ate. After I ate I needed to go shower.

"Um, Karl could I borrow some clothes?" I ask.

"Yeah, come on." He says leading my to his room.

"All my stuff is in there, find something you like." He says smiling.

"Thank you again, Karl." I say.

"You're welcome." He says smiling again.

I grab some clothes that fit and one of his hoodies. I took my shower and got dressed. I came out of the bathroom and came downstairs. He was on the couch watching a TV show.

"Hey." He said.

"How did you know I was down here already?" I asked.

"Silence your footsteps. Maybe that will help." He said laughing.

I laughed.

I grabbed a drink and sat down with him.

"I wanna know more about you. Like your past life and stuff like that." He said.

⚠️suicide/drugs/alcohol⚠️

"My past? Okay um, so when I was younger my step-dad would come home drunk with a different girl every night. My mom and step-dad would argue until my mom finally had enough one night and left. I was left with my abusive, drunk step-father and I didn't know what to do. So one day I came home from school and him and this girl he brought home from the bar one night were fighting. He hit her and threw bottles at her and everything. I got high for the next few nights after that and when he found out, I was getting abused too. He hit me, punched me, kicked me and threw things at me. Basically used me as a way to get rid of his anger. I slit my wrists the next night and bled until my whole wrists were red from blood. I traced that same knife on my neck and made tiny little cuts to where I could still bleed but not enough to kill me. My ankles are covered in cuts from the same nights like those. A few weeks later I ran away and almost starved to death. I got put into a foster home and was adopted at 14 but something my foster parents did changed my whole life. They loved me. They didn't abuse me, lie to me, steal from me. They had no sharp objects laying around. No alcohol or drugs strung about. I loved them. Until I got kicked out. Then it all went downhill from there. I have the scars on my ankles still from those nights. I finally got a job at Walmart when I was 16 and I worked there barely making a living off of what money I was making, until I met you." I said. Tears were running down his face.

"Wow. I'm so so sorry." Karl said.

"It's okay. None of it is your fault." I say starting to cry.

"I wish I could have met you sooner. To get you out of there." He says.

"Me too, but it is what it is. Don't worry about it. I'm here right? That's all that matters." I say.

He pulls me into the tightest hug I feel that I could've ever gotten from anyone.

----------------------------------

Hii. it was hard to write that bit I got through it. I love y'all. dont do suicide, that sh*t kills you.

Word Count: 666 😈