Part 11: The Date

*y/n POV*

I didn't know what to say. I had my dream car, the dream boyfriend, but I didn't have a dream life. Not yet anyway. Karl wanted me to find a place for us to eat.

"Can you find us a place to go out? I think it should be more of a formal place." Karl said.

"Um sure. I found this place." I said showing him my phone.

"That's pretty nice. We can go home and get changed and go." He said.

We arrived at Karl's house and we got ready. I reserved for 8 pm and it was already 7:20 pm. I got a quick shower and did my hair and makeup. I chose a dress that I bought a while ago and it fit perfectly. It was white and faded into a lavender down the skirt, with diamonds on the front around my chest. Karl wore a nice gray dress shirt and dress pants.

"Wow. You are stunning." He said when I came down the stairs.

"Thank you, Mr. Jacobs." I said with a small giggle.

He giggled too.

We got in the Lamborghini I had just won today. It made a purr on the start and with the way Karl drives, I knew my car wouldn't last long.

"Damn Karl. You're gonna destroy my car." I said laughing.

"Lamborghini's are meant to be drove this way." He said smiling.

I checked the time. 7:55. On point.

"Our reservation is at 8." I said.

"Okay." Karl said.

We get out of the car and walk into the restaurant.

"Do you guys have a reservation?" She asked.

"Yes, under the last name Jacobs." Karl said.

I stared at him. He looked so good in dress clothes. How I pulled such an elegant man, I have no clue, but I loved it. We walked with the lady to our table and found ourselves in a private area.

"I guess this is where reservations get you." Karl said laughing.

I laughed.

*Karl POV*

She's so beautiful. The dress she picked makes her look so good. No dress, no makeup, it doesn't matter, she was perfect any way. I loved her, and she loved me. That's all that mattered. Her laugh was so perfect. Her voice. Everything.

"Karl? Are you okay?" She asked.

"Wha- yes I'm fine." I said.

Come on Karl, she definitely noticed you staring. But she's so pretty I can't help it.

"I'd like to order the Spaghetti with a salad on the side, with a red wine to drink please." y/n said.

"For you sir?" The waitress asked.

"I'd like the barbecue ribs with potatoes and a strawberry milkshake please." I said.

"Okay I'll be back with your order in about 20 minutes." The waitress said.

I looked at y/n.

"a milkshake and ribs? That's kind of an odd combination." She said laughing.

"Yeah, but it's what I like." I laughed back.

A few minutes later our drinks came. I tried to start conversation but everyone knows how horrible I am at it.

"So why did you have to move to North Carolina anyway? You never told me." I said.

"Oh yeah, I never told you this, but Chandler is my brother-in-law. Since I was adopted. It's been awkward around him and I because we always seen each other as friends. So we had to split up for a while and I completely forgot about him. Until I met him again. Everything was awkward, I'm just now starting to remember who he is. After all I have only know you guys for 3 months." She explained.

"Oh- That explains a lot." I said giggling a little.

Our food came, so we ate, having little conversation in-between. We left the restaurant and when we did, I drove to a random field and parked. We got out of the car and she ran out into the field. I caught up with her and took her hand. We walked hand in hand for a little bit, until we layed down. We watched the stars and made a wish every time we seen a shooting star. She layed next to me, cuddling up next to me.

"Even though it wasn't much, I had fun today.  If I weren't for you, I'd probably be dead." She said.

"Me too. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm glad I talked to you that night. I never knew someone could have such a good heart and such a caring soul until I met you. I miss you every time we aren't together and hate when you have to leave. I love you so much y/n." I said putting my heart into it.

"I'm speechless. I love you too Karl. I never want you to leave." She said.

"I'm not going anywhere." I said.

She kissed me. I deepened the kiss. She put her hands on my neck and pulled me into it even deeper. I put my hands on her waist and pulled her close to me.

*y/n POV*

I kissed him, putting my hands on his neck pulling him into it. He deepened the kiss. He put his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him and I loved it. I pulled away.

"Damn, Karl, where'd you learn to kiss like that?" I asked smiling.

"Let's just say someone taught me what love really was." Karl said.

"Awwe, Karl." I said.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said.

----------------------------------

hii, hope y'all are liking the story. love y'all ❤ stay well

word count: 934