Part 14: The Hospital

I wake to a slight beeping sound. Crying in the distance. I opened my eyes to Karl crying.

*Karl POV*

I was crying so hard. Why did she do it? Seeing her in the hospital bed made me cry even more. Her loss of blood was insane. The doctors found that she had 376 cuts including her new ones.

"She needs to be bandaged up for at least a week." The nurse said.

"You can't do that! Sh-She has a job and-and friends to get back to. I can't leave her like this!" I said still crying.

"You don't have to leave." She said again.

I gave her the look of "let me see her. now." I walked in to see her looking at the door.

"I'm sorry Karl." She said.

"It'll be okay y/n. I promise." I said still crying.

The doctors came in.

"We decided that she can go, but she has to be careful, so keep an eye on her." The doctor said.

"Okay, thank you." I say.

We left the hospital and got in the car. I just sat there, y/n beside me. I stared at the dash.

11:53 PM                   68° out
              SiriusXM
           Ch 37 - Octane
          Catch Your Breath
              Dial Tone

Vol. |||| 4            𝙻𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚒

I couldn't believe it was almost midnight. I turned the radio up and y/n watched me when I did.

All I wanted was an answer all I needed was to know. Give me a reason, I need a reason. All those messages I left you, all those nights I spent alone. Give me a reason, 'cause all that I hear is-

"The dial tone." y/n said in sync.

"y/n?" I say.

"Karl?" She says.

"You ready to go home?" I ask.

"Yeah, I don't wanna be at this hospital anymore." She said.

"I don't blame you." I said laughing.

Before I started the car, I looked at her and she looked at me.

"Are you gonna-" She started to say, but I cut her off.

I pulled her over to me and kissed her, and she didn't pull away. It was at least 10 seconds before I pulled away.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"For what?" She asked.

I looked at her.

"For kissing you." I said looking down.

"Why? You've done it before. I like when you kiss me." She said.

"I know, but- Nevermind." I say hesitating.

I started the car.

*y/n POV*

Is there something wrong with me? Why doesn't he want to kiss me? Did I do something wrong? Does he want to break up? No y/n, it can't be that. Just relax. You're overthinking.

I looked at him with a worried look. We drove home. Nothing was said on the way home. Just my music playing softly in the background.

Tears stream down your face as you tell me it's okay but I know I'm tearing us apart. Empty promises I've made break your heart like hand grenades, I can't stay this has to end. I can't let you down again.

"Cause you deserve the world, but I could never give it even though it's hard to say. I wish you never knew about me. Cause I know you're better off without me. So go find somebody who's gonna love you better than I ever can. I wish you never knew about me. Cause I know you're better off without me. You're better off, no." Karl sang.

"Oh my God, Karl. You're so good at singing." I say.

"Thanks." He said.

We went home and went to bed.

----------------------------------

heyy I love yall sm. this is amazing. a few more chapters on the way

word count: 618