Chapter Nine - Is this the End?

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Opening your eyes, you look around the room. The last time you'll wake up in this bedroom, the last time you'll probably see all these people. You don't want it to be real, but it's hit you so hard that you can't pretend anymore. You dreaded that today would arrive, but you can never stop the future. You can't live in Boston forever. Even if you could, they don't live here. You hope you can stay in contact with them all, but you feel like they'll forget you.

You sit up, and check your phone. No notifications, which isn't new to you. Sighing, you sit up, changing into your last set of clean clothes. You delve into deep thought, how do they even contact each other? Will they talk about you afterwards? Do they even care about you? Bringing your suitcase out, you fill it back up with all your clothes, emptying the room.

It had been a couple of days since you collapsed in the alleyway. You keep rethinking it all, it makes you miss Puffer a lot. You're so in love with him, but your mind keeps denying it. You just want to avoid any form of romantic attraction. It's killed you in the past, and you're terrified to commit again in case the same thing happens. You zip your suitcase up, sighing. You take one last panic run around the room, like you did before leaving your house, in case you had left anything. You hadn't, so you grab your suitcase and your pufferfish, before heading out the room, and down the stairs.

Reaching the lobby, Matt and Nelson were there, talking, suitcases behind them. You shuffle up to them, "Hi guys!"
"Oh, hello Y/N! It was nice meeting you," Matt chirps, smiling, "Message me whenever you want to, I'd be down to talk!"
"Oh yeah, you're sick as fuck Y/N, you got my number, you know what to do with it."
"Nelly Bean will give ya mine if you want it," Matt smiles.
"Yeah, I will, it was great meeting you guys too, I didn't think I'd ever meet famous people," you comment, causing them to both looked shocked.
"We're not Famous, don't worry" Grizzy chortles.

Not before long, Tyler and Keller appears with their baggage. They come over to you three, "Y/N! Come with us, we'll get our stuff packed and then we can say goodbye to everyone" you follow them to the car, shoving your suitcase in the boot before their stuff, and you place your pufferfish on your seat. After all the stuff is packed, Tyler locks the car, and you all go back inside. Droid, Puffer, Anthony and Pezzy had arrived while you were gone, and they all turned to you three when you entered. You smiled and waved at Puffer, before going to Anthony. "Hi Anthony, sorry I haven't spoken to you much. Very nice meeting you." You smile, causing him to give you a light chuckle.
"Oh, don't you worry. No offence taken. Chris is the more eye-catching one, I'd be over him if you weren't," he replies, causing you to cackle alongside him.
"Well, you're a very nice person, and that's all I care about," you grin, causing him to smile.
"Thanks Y/N! I guess we're not so different. I'll leave you to say goodbye to lover boy," you both laugh.

You head towards Puffer, he watches you coming over, "Y/N, I guess it's gonna be a while until we see each other again."
"Is this the end, then?" You ask, the feeling of crying lingering.
"No, it's not the end. It'll never be the end." He reassures you.
"But will I ever see you again?"
"You will, I'll promise it,"
"Pinky Promise?" You say, holding your pinky out,
"Pinky Promise," he confirms, wrapping his pinky around yours, smiling.
"Okay, if you insist. I'll miss you,"
"I knew you would say that," he comments, before holding out a pink hoodie to you, "That's why I'm giving this to you. To keep you going until I can see you again."
"No no, you don't have to, it's your hoodie," you respond, refusing to touch the hoodie.
"I insist," he states, holding it closer to you. You grab onto the hoodie, inspecting it in your hands. It was over, you couldn't hold your tears in anymore.

You force your arms around his torso, which causes him to take a step back. Tears are rushing from your eyes, his arms wrapping tightly around you. He rubs your back lightly, "It's okay, I know it's hard. You can message me absolutely whenever you'd like to," he reassures. You sink deeper into his chest, not wanting to let go. He doesn't care, he'll do anything for you to be okay; even you know that. You stay there for a while, before pulling away slightly, wiping your eyes with your empty hand.

"I'm sorry-"
"Don't be sorry, I completely understand. Tyler will be there, if you urgently need me, speak to him, because he'll be able to get me the easiest. And I know you can trust him. Okay?"
You nod lightly, entirely pulling away, "Thanks, Chris, it means a lot,"
"You're welcome, that's why I do it, to make you feel okay." He reaches down and kisses you on the cheek, before rubbing your head slightly with his hand. He grins at you, "I believe in you, I believe you can get through this," he whispers, glancing over at Grizzy.

Nelson was gesturing Chris over to them, they obviously had to leave. Chris linked lips with yours quickly, "Speak soon, Y/N," he says, before rushing off to him. You don't get a chance to respond, as you're shocked by the small kiss. You wave when he leaves, him waving straight back, after he says his final goodbyes to everyone else.

You feel an arm around your shoulders, glancing up you spot Tyler, "He gave you his hoodie? Now that's proof of love," Tyler teases lightly, "Come on, we've gotta head back too. I'll take you straight back to yours as I bet your social meter has drained." He laughs, rubbing your arm slightly.
"Thanks, Tyler," you reply, leaving with them, "I'm gonna need a sleep,"
"Even if you didn't need to sleep, you would anyway" Keller chirps in, causing you three to laugh.

You all return back to the car, you're still clutching onto Puffer's hoodie tightly. Looking back at the hotel, the last few days replay in your mind. It fills you with joy, you have finally found a group of people you fit with. A group of people who will tolerate your shit. You slide yourself into the car, grabbing the pufferfish as you sit down. You place both the plushie and the hoodie on your lap, before putting your seatbelt on. Tyler and Keller sit in the front, adjusting themselves. "Right, we ready?" Tyler asks. You both nod lightly, and he starts the car.

Driving off, you hold onto his hoodie, breathing in any scent left on it. It smells just like him, and you love it. You slide your pufferfish into the hoodie, putting him into the hood, and you wrap your arms around it. Closing your eyes, you slowly drift off to sleep.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈