Chapter Thirty Six - Gerberas

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

"Hey now, it's okay." his words burn in your mind, soothing your personal hurricane. Your breathing slows down, allowing you to open your eyes and take in your surroundings. Chris had you centimetres away from his face, his pupils locked onto yours. His expression was riddled with concerned, as he runs the back of his hand over your cheek once he noticed your eyelids were perched open. "Are you feeling better?" his voice wobbles, responding to him with a light nod, rising the corners of your mouth slightly. Sighing with relief, he pulls you into an embrace, ensuring you were okay. You kiss his cheek, changing the hue to red, before pulling away to explain your mind. Wiggling your finger, indicating a 'no', then pointing to your throat, you attempt to inform him of your muteness.

"You can't breathe?" he questions, confused. Shaking your head, he ponders, "Can't talk?" You nod, and he joins you, "That's alright, you can hum at me if you need my attention, or buzz like the adorable bee you are." he kisses your nose lovingly, watching you nod in response. Going mute after a panic was a common occurrence for you, especially when they first started, but as they have grown more sparse, they effect you a lot harder when they do hit.

Glancing down at your hands, your body was still partially limb as you attempted to recover. Chris held you in his hands, assisting you to stay upright, grinning at you, "I wanna take you somewhere, you'll love it." Pondering for a second, you nod in response, carefully moving your body to stand up. He offers assistance, clutching onto your hands and permitting you to shove weight onto him. Adjusting your feet, Chris smiled at your progress, helping you step forward towards the hallway. "If you rest on the stairs, I'll help you with your shoes. " Following his instructions, you lower yourself onto the second to bottom step, waiting for him to approach you with your shoes: thankfully they were your checkerboard slip-ons, so the action was quick and simple.

Positioning your body onto the passengers seat, you pull the seatbelt over your torso to lock you into place, your lover sitting next to you behind the wheel. He lightly places his hand on your thigh, ensuring you were content and comfortable. Raising your thumb from your fist, he grins before starting the car, turning the volume down of the music echoing from the speakers. As you set off, you stare out of the window, reminding yourself of the neighbourhood around you. Some bushes were trimmed perfectly, some had branches peeking out of the sides. Houses eventually became rare as you left the city, travelling through a side road with trees dotting along the edges. The car decelerates steadily, swerving into a gap in the bushes and coming to a stop.

The male steps out of his car, rushing to your door to help you out. You take his offer, resting your weight onto his arms, as he directs you down a pathway. Traveling a metre or two, he stops, whispering into your ear delicately, "Close your eyes." Swiftly following his instructions, you squeeze your eyes shut and nod, indicating you have listened. You both begin walking again, the distance unknown to you as you were being led somewhere. "Just keep them shut for me, okay? I promise I won't leave you, I will be right here by your side." Despite your love for surprises, you hate the unknown, so his reassurance was swiftly picked up by you, exerting your full trust onto him.

"There's a bench behind you, if you want to sit down." Quickly deciding to sit down, he lets you use him as a balance, softly lowering himself onto the seat to your left. His arm rests over your shoulders, pulling you in for a side hug. "You can open your eyes now, love."

Hues sparked into your natural lenses, illuminating the forest with energy. Pink, purple, white, orange, a range of alternating shades between those four main colours. Incredibly saturated compared to the crisp leaves resting on the floor around you. Inspecting the petals closer, they were your favourite kind of flowers - gerberas. A specific type of large daisy, one you have always dreamed of experiencing with your own two eyes. "Pretty," the only word you could manage, returning your gaze to Chris, who was a beaming ray of light next to you, "Also pretty."
"Well, a little cat told me that these were your favourite, and I came across them on a walk. When I had problems with my channel, you said that clearing my head would help process my emotions, and I discovered this." His face lit up red, obviously proud of himself for making you content once more. You both return to silence: a comfortable one, as the noises of nature rang through the trees. Various birds echoing their calls into the world, undiscovered creatures rustling through bushes, the wind gentily rushing through every branch and leaf, and through Chris's hair.

Strands fell onto his face, his attempts at combing it back failed as the wind repeated the mischievous action. He sighs, accepting his circumstances. Air is pushed out of his mouth as he sighs, content with this moment. You felt his gaze rest upon you, and you try to avoid highlighting that you were aware. A bird silently swoops through the air above you, singing the song of their species. Submitting to the temptation, you glance at the male who had blush smothering his face. Nervously grinning, he turns his head away, his face's temperature rising quickly. A light chuckle emits from your throat, tugging on his hoodie arm lightly. You demand his attention, and he gladly listens, his head spinning round to you again.

Pushing your hands onto his cheeks, you lean in to give him a kiss.

The element of surprise struck him, erasing all thoughts he had. All he could focus on was your lips against his, and without warning, you were whisked from the bench and onto his lap. Knees resting either side of his hips, thighs on top of his, lips still connected. Both of your problems faded at this moment, all you needed was the forest, and him, with his soft touch. Your fingers run through his dark brown locks at the back of his head, keeping him in place while ensuring he could move if needed.
Time skips forward five minutes, as you return to your main universe once your lips part from his.

"That was... unexpected."
"Good." You grin at him softly, pressing your lips against his cheek.
"I'm so thankful that you're mine." he mutters, loud enough for you to hear, "I know everything has been swift, but I've just been so excited to have you with me that I couldn't hold back." Hiding your face in his chest, you become very flustered from his words, grinning uncontrollably, tears forming in your eyes. He pulls you closer, wrapping both arms around you and holding you in an embrace. "You're adorable."

"Can we have them at our wedding?" you mutter to him, still resting your head on his chest.
"Gerberas?" you nod, "Of course we can."
"Thank you, Chris."
"You're more than welcome, Y/N." he grins, positioning you back on the bench, "I have something for you." He digs into his pockets quickly. You watch him intently as he drags two identical things out of his pocket. You feel a thin stick rest behind the top of your left ear, soft fabric running against your cheek. A fake flower: he pushed one on his left ear too, which is how you figured it out. You blush once again, covering your face with your hands. Chris's hands attempt to prise your hands open carefully, failing. "Bumble, I can't see your face with your hands in the way, please?" he lightly begs, pushing his face onto the backs of your hands. Giggling, you open them up, hastily wrapping your arms around him, stunning him.

Returning to his lap, you poke his nose with yours before resting the side of your head on his shoulder, looking outwards. The comfortable silence returns once again to embrace your bodies, allowing you to listen to the noises of the forest once again. Melting into his arms, you find yourself drifting away to sleep.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈