Chapter Thirty One - Karaoke

CW: Alcohol Use

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

"We've got a call here for a 211, breaking and entering." You speak musically, both headphones over your ears as you start washing the dishes, "I heard that there was some Twitter talk. Heard someone was talking trash. Imma need the backup ASAP." Giggling to yourself, fully aware of what you have just done. You tap your foot to the rest of the song, feeling hands wrap around your hips, and a speaker being lifted off of your ear. The man speaks into your ear, a smirk on his face, "You found the Mome Boys album, huh?"
"Mhm, you sound adorable in the bits you do." His cheek is pressed against you, it heats up with a blush.
"Don't you dare. I don't have any musical talent, you know that."
"Christopher," you smirk, knowing he hates being called by his full name, "Do you remember our first official kiss?" He sighs, chuckling.
"Fine, I can sing one song, that's it."
"Just one?"
"I'm distracting you for the dishes, I'm sorry." He swiftly changes the topic, replacing your headphones onto your ears and walking off.

As you dry your hands on a clean kitchen towel, the music continues to play into your ears as you pour yourself out a drink after cracking open a can of Tango. Taking a sip, the lights flicker to capture your attention, you turn around to spot Chris leaning against the doorframe. You slide the headset off of your head, the cat ears still lit, "I still can't get over Matt buying me these."
"It's hilarious," he starts, "I should've expected it, to be honest. Anyway, I wanted to say that I've got the day off today since I don't fancy streaming and the guys are all busy. Would you like to do something?"
"Can we go out out?" You spark out, grinning at him.

Pulling up a pair of jogging bottoms over your legs, you tease your arms through the sleeves of a white shirt with a palm tree leaves pattern dyed along the surface, tigers dotted on top. It was your lover's shirt, but you wore it more often than he did so it might as well have been yours. As you button it up along your front, he walks in to change his clothes, looking you up and down, "My shirt, again? Do you want me to get you your own shirt?"
"Mmmm nahh, I like it!" You respond joyfully, shaking it down once you finish buttoning it up. He chuckles, backing down, before sliding the black t-shirt on his torso off and putting his dark blue 'party' shirt on, buttoning his up. "I love that shirt too, but it's better on you," you compliment him, receiving a blush and a wink in return.

"Do you remember that day?"
"Hm?" Chris turns to you as he sprays a scent over his body.
"The day after us sharing a bed for the first time, Nelson teasing us, taking photos in that random alleyway," you open your phone, showing him the photo of you both kissing - the first time it had been captured - before he sits next to you, "I fainted after that."
"I'm so proud of you," his arm pulls you close, resting your head on the side of his chest, "You've gotten so far, your confidence has grown and you are so much happier." Your face heats up as his words fluster you.
"Thank you, Chris, but leave some credit for yourself."
"I've done nothing," he rubs the arm he held to keep you close, "It's all of your own work. Now, let's go before it gets too dark."

Despite your anxiety easing, the darkness still affected you slightly, but Chris never minded it. The both of you rushed down the stairs, lingering in the hallway in attempt to put shoes on. He pats his pockets, ensuring he had everything he could need: keys; phone; and wallet. Your phone was already in your right pocket, so your hand ran over your left one, ensuring your keys were there too. Leaving the house together, he locks the door behind you, stepping down the pathway and along the pavement in the direction of the bar.

After ten minutes, you had arrived at the venue, stepping inside with Chris behind you. Approaching the bar, you glance at the options stocked against the back wall, with a bartender stood nearby who was watching your every move. "What are you having, Chris?"
"Mmmm, probably a JD and Coke. You?" He says, pulling his wallet from his pocket and grabbing his card, preparing to pay.
"Make that two." Lowering yourself onto the stool, he speaks to the man behind the bar and places the order. The glasses arrive, Chris lifting them from the top to take them to a side table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chriiissssssssss," you drag, giggling to yourself.
"Yesssssssss?" he copies you, chuckling with you.
"Come do the karaoke with meee."
"Nuh-uh, you do it."
"Don't be such a party pooper, Christopher, sing Backstreet Boys with meee." Finding the conversation hilarious, giggles continue radiating from your body. He sighs, standing up and letting you jog towards the machine, "Yay!" You click through, finding 'Tell Me Why' with ease. Pressing play, the track begins, and you grab the microphone with enthusiasm, preparing to sing. "Chris, hurry uuuuuupp," you whine, grinning.As intoxicated as you were, your singing was not majorly affected. However, it was far from the highest quality originally. Handing a microphone to him, he accepts it reluctantly, holding it near his mouth. You begin the song, with Chris responding to your lyrics with the next line.

"You aree, my fireee,"
"The one desire,"
"Believe, when I sayy," you giggle, knowing the next line you sing.
"I want it that way," he glances at you, confused.
"Tell me why!"
"Ain't nothing but a heartache," his face forms into a smile, realising why you were laughing.
"Tell me why,"
"Ain't nothing but a mistake,"
"Telllll me why," you drag the 'L's out.
"I never wanna hear you sayyy,"
Synchronising at the end, you smile at each other, gazing into each others eyes. "I want it that wayyyyy!"

The song had finished, and after singing through it all, sweat was pouring down your forehead, panting like a dog after running in a field. The alcohol finally sinking in, you were more drunk than you thought, stumbling all over the place. Your corspe was held up by the man you were with, him lightly chuckling, "You always drink way too much for your own good, Y/N. C'mon, let's get home."
"But baabeeee, we haven't paiiiiid," you whine out, trying to stay for another drink.
"I have, don't worry. You need to get some sleep."

He walks you out the door and down the street. Your body shivers in his grasp, as you forgot to bring a coat. "We'll be home soon, then you can wrap up in our duvet and keep warm. Sound good?" He softly speaks, assisting you home. You nod your head lightly, struggling to balance yourself as you both continue towards the house. Eventually arriving there, you are ushered towards the wall to hold you up, as your lover unlocked the door for you both. He lifts you from the wall, stepping you inside and onto the carpetted stairs. "Wait right there, you need a glass of water." he grins, leaving you sat in the room, front door now closed. You attempt to take your shoes off, fingers fumbling around the laces as your hands struggled to warm up. Lifting one off and throwing it towards the pile, you start on the other foot, pulling the knot apart, sliding them off and chucking in the same direction.

Chris returns, clutching onto a glass of water and holding it in front of you. You grab it, shaking and drinking was a task, but you managed to consume some, sobering you up partially. "Right, let's get you to bed," he hums, ready to assist you up the stairs and into the bedroom, ensuring he was behind you the entire time to save you from falling to the ground. Entering the bedroom, you waddle towards the bed and flop down, face buried in the duvet resting over his side, stomach and thighs on your side. He chuckles, rolling you over lightly to unbutton your shirt, allowing you to sleep comfortably, before sliding your socks off.

"Can you try and sit up?" he asks, with you attempting to follow his instructions. Your torso rises temporarily, for him to hold you up and pull a hoodie over your head. Squinting at the front, it was his tie-dye pufferfish one, merch he released a while back which quickly sold out. He was more lenient in you wearing old merch of his, as there was no possibility of getting your own. Carefully, he lowers you back down onto the mattress: he also slides your jogging bottoms off as you prefer to sleep with bare legs. He carries you bridal style for a little bit, adjusting your position before lying you back down. As he pulls the blankets over your body, you feel your eyelids growing heavier by the second.

Puffer's POV

Snoring.

It fills the room, I chuckle to myself as they passed out as quick as they woke up this morning. Flinging my shirt from off my body and onto the end of the bedframe, I stroll around to my side of the mattress, replacing my suit trousers with a pair of shorts. I force my legs underneath the duvet, laying myself down and yanking the glasses off of my face to put on the bedside table. I slide my left arm underneath Y/N, my right one over their hips, pulling them closer to me, ensuring they warm up. Still snoring away, I attempt to block them out as I slowly drift off to sleep myself.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈