V1 Chapter Thirty Five - Dress Picking

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Vibrations erupt from your phone as you fling your torso up from the mattress, quickly grabbing the device and shutting the alarm off. You sigh after checking that your lover was not disturbed; he had a late night from streaming, so he needs all the sleep he can get. Sliding your body out from under the covers, you quickly change into a fresh set of clothes, a green hoodie over a black t-shirt with a light grey set of jogging bottoms. White socks poke out of the ends of the bottoms, you rush out of the room silently, stepping down the stairs.

7:42am.

Flicking the kitchen light on, you head towards the fridge to pull it open. You grab the tub of butter, and a bottle of water, before shutting the door again and placing both of the items on the side. There was a purple bag in a tray, which you grab and pull open, two bagels inside. Clutching onto the one on the top and pulling it out of the bag, dropping it onto the wooden board. You grab a serrated knife and slice the soft ring open, smothering butter over the cut side on both halves with the same utensil. As you take a bite from one, you begin putting on your trainers to get ready as quickly as possible. The flavours melt on your tongue as you tie the laces up, taking one more bite once you were done with the first shoe, then starting on the second.

Beep!

A car horn startles you from the kitchen, prompting you to tap over your pockets and run out the door, locking it behind you. You spot the car causing the disruption, and you fling the door open to jump inside. "You almost woke Chris up!" The driver's arms are thrown into the air defensively.
"Hey, how was I to know he was still asleep?"
"Because it's not even 8am yet?"
"True dat." he responds as you shut the door, wrapping the belt over your torso and pushing it into the plug by your thigh. He drives off once he ensures you are safe, heading into the city center, "What did you tell him you were doing?"
"Nothing. I just said I was going out with you." you respond calmly, glancing out the window.
"Nice, he's easy like that." Pause. "Are you excited at least?"
"Yeah, just tired."

As the car pulls up to a parking spot, the engine gets shut off and the keys are pulled out of the ignition. He glances at you, trying to gain your attention by lightly shaking your arm. You snap back to reality, giving Nelson a smile and stepping out of the car. Following your action, he locks the vehicle before walking off with you to his right. "Are you sure you're okay?"
"Just worried that he won't like my decision." An arm places itsself on your shoulders, pulling you in.
"He will be happy no matter what. If you're happy, he's happy."
"I guess you're right, but it is his wedding too, not just mine."
"I know, and I understand, but I'll be here and I'll help you. I've been friends with Chris for years now, I can tell what he likes."
"Thank you, Nelson."

Finishing the conversation, you enter a wedding dress shop through a pair of light blue wooden doors with windows held in the top half. A bell dings, and a taller woman approaches the both of you, wearing a loose white shirt with dark blue trousers. She smiles, looking between the both of you, "You must be Y/N and Nelson. You have an appointment, yes?"
"Yeah, we do. Bit early but it's better than being late." He smirks, nudging you lightly, "They were too excited to wait any longer."
"No problem at all, let me sign you in and I'll take you to the back." Grabbing a wired mouse and clicking through things on a monitor sat on a desk, she flees quickly, ushering you to follow her.

The room had a half partition down the middle, the otherside was unknown to you. The current side of the room you were in had a several chairs along the sides, a large mirror pointing towards the open section of the temporary wall, and a small table with magazines piled on the top. The worker points to the chairs, gesturing for Nelson to sit on them, and instructs you to go through the gap. He gives you a smile before you disappear behind the partition, revealing a couple of metal racks with white dresses hanging off of them, varying in shapes and sizes. You briefly glance at each one, attempting to assume which would fit you best.