Chapter Forty One - Goofing Around

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

"Chris, don't be such a pooper, it'll be fun."

You poke his arm a couple of times lightly, giggling at his reaction. Deep breathing jokingly, pretending to get angry. The illusion was unbelievable, as a smirk was growing on his face. You continue laughing, and continue poking, hoping he will give in.

"Fine, but only for a couple of seconds, and we're having dinner first."

You wrap your arms around him as a way to celebrate breaking through his stubbornness. His arms fly around your upper torso in response, as you hold each other for what seems like hours. Your face pressed into his chest, his chin resting lightly on your scalp. You could fall asleep like this, locked in his arms, but it was around 5:14 in the afternoon, so sleeping was not for another six hours yet. Humming into his chest as he moved his arms away, a chuckle erupts from him, before guiding you out of his office and down the stairs. 

"Y/N, you better not fall asleep while I'm making dinner, alright?" You groan in response as you are lowered onto the sofa, adjusting slightly to get comfortable, "I'll keep checking on you, don't worry. Just a quick one, I won't be gone for long." With those words, he leaves the room. 

Whenever you sit by yourself in the living room, the structure and appearance always captures your interest. The way the fireplace has stripped bricks, despite the rest of the room's walls were covered in wallpaper; the frames which sat along a shelf, containing photos of memories. One of them stands out to you, a selfie of you both inside the bush he showed you. His arm resting over your shoulders, your head resting on his, smiles painted on both of your faces. A moment you wish you could experience once again. 

The next photo, taken by Keller, was the final group photo of PAX 2022. The first time you had met. Tyler was next to you, arm over your shoulders just like in the first photo you looked at with Chris. You could not thank him enough for taking you with him that day, as you would not have been here if it was not for him. 

"Hey, you alright?"

Chris was stood next to you, as you realised where you were - you were stood in front of the shelves to inspect the photos, tears welling in your eyes without realising. A quick movement from your fingers, and they were gone, returning your attention to the man. 

"Oh, yeah. Just can't believe how long it has been." He chuckles.

"I know, but I couldn't complain about any of it. Right, eat this before it gets cold."

A bowl is held in front of you, a mass of spaghetti swirled in the bowl, pieces of sausage among them, all covered in a tomato sauce. Herbs scattered on the surface. With the fork and spoon perched inside, you find your seat once again and begin to eat. Using the spoon to swirl the spaghetti onto the fork, as soon as it entered your mouth, it was clear he made the sauce from scratch. Chris usually does. The man in question was lounging around to your right with his own bowl.

Without realising, the meals had vanished, eaten so quickly by the both of you. Collecting the other bowl, you take them to the kitchen, balancing them next to the sink. You would volunteer to wash them later, but first you had to stream. The plan was simple.

Several water bottles come into your clutch, before you swiftly depart the kitchen and up the stairs. Your study was the final location, dropping the bottles on the desk. OBS loaded up, YouTube tabs ready, all that was left was your partner. Talk of the Devil...