Chapter Thirty Four - Recreation

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Puffer's POV

After last night's late stream playing Overwatch, I groan while spread out on the sofa. A pillow was rested on my lap, phone in hands on top, and I was scrolling through Twitter. Fan-made artwork pops up every now and again, making me grin like an idiot, as well as memes which cause me to erupt with laughter. It was an interesting platform, all sorts of drama and conversations happened on here, some which I hope to never get involved with. A notifcation comes through on the app - I have been tagged in a tweet - and I press onto the button. Scrolling up, an image flashes onto my eyes, captivating my interest as I read the caption.

I drew Puffer and Bee!! best friends who act like theyre dating <3 @BigPuffer @VeryBeee

My eyes widen, detailing the lines mentally and consuming the art. I was depicted in a blue pufferfish outfit, with Y/N in a bee outfit who was resting on my back as I gave them a piggy back ride. My cartoon eyes were glancing up at them through my glasses, lightly smiling. They had their arms wrapped around my neck, grin drawn on their face and a sparkle in their eyes, with bee antennae poking out from their hair. Gripping onto their lower thighs, strolling to an unknown destination, they had full trust in my ability to carry them. Well, in the art, that is, I doubt they really would. I save the post, planning to respond later with Y/N, an idea popping into my head.

They were out at the moment: I was not allowed to know what they were doing, all I knew is that they were with Nelson. I refuse to question it, they need their privacy, and him with my life. He has been there for my worst times, and I could not thank him more. Returning my focus to the device in my hands, I decide to send a text to Y/N, receiving a reply swiftly, which prompted us both to continue the conversation.

{Chris}: Hey! I hope everything is okay. Just wanted to ask what you want for dinner?

{Y/N <3}: its good, ill be home soon. are you going shopping or something?

{Chris}: I need to go out anyway, so I thought I could buy something if you had an idea

{Y/N <3}: if you go to town, avoid mallow street
{Y/N <3}: get something easy, you had a late night so dont stress too much
{Y/N <3}: gotta go, love you puffs

{Chris}: Will do! I'll get a pizza and chicken bites too.
{Chris}: Love you too, bumbles

I grin, blushing lightly at the petnames. They were so much better at them than I was, but I knew they had no issues with the ones I create. Rising from the seat, I slide my phone into my pocket and leave the room. Sliding my shoes on at the door, I clutch onto my keys and adjust my jacket, leaving the house and locking the door. I jump into my car, starting it up and chucking my phone onto the seat next to me after connecting it to the speakers through Bluetooth. The playlist begins as I drive away from the house, approaching the city center.

Pulling up to a parking spot, I reach for my phone once again as I push myself out of the car. Striding away and locking it behind me, I ensured I had everything I could need. The doors slide open to the shop, stepping inside carefully, fully aware of what I was searching for, smirking as I remember the Halloween that had just gone. I will never dress as Bakugo again.

The hunt was complete, shoving the purchased items into the trunk of my car, ensuring there was enough space for dinner tonight. As I shut the door, my phone erupts from my phone. A call. Accepting it and lifting it to my ear, a voice announces through the speakers for me to hear.