V2 Chapter Thirty Five - Suit Fitting

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Vibrations erupt from your phone as you fling your torso up from the mattress, quickly grabbing the device and shutting the alarm off. You sigh after checking that your lover was not disturbed; he had a late night from streaming, so he needs all the sleep he can get. Sliding your body out from under the covers, you quickly change into a fresh set of clothes, a green hoodie over a black t-shirt with a light grey set of jogging bottoms. White socks poke out of the ends of the bottoms, you rush out of the room silently, stepping down the stairs.

7:42am.

Flicking the kitchen light on, you head towards the fridge to pull it open. You grab the tub of butter, and a bottle of water, before shutting the door again and placing both of the items on the side. There was a purple bag in a tray, which you grab and pull open, two bagels inside. Clutching onto the one on the top and pulling it out of the bag, dropping it onto the wooden board. You grab a serrated knife and slice the soft ring open, smothering butter over the cut side on both halves with the same utensil. As you take a bite from one, you begin putting on your trainers to get ready as quickly as possible. The flavours melt on your tongue as you tie the laces up, taking one more bite once you were done with the first shoe, then starting on the second.

Beep!

A car horn startles you from the kitchen, prompting you to tap over your pockets and run out the door, locking it behind you. You spot the car causing the disruption, and you fling the door open to jump inside. "You almost woke Chris up!" The driver's arms are thrown into the air defensively.
"Hey, how was I to know he was still asleep?"
"Because it's not even 8am yet?"
"True dat." he responds as you shut the door, wrapping the belt over your torso and pushing it into the plug by your thigh. He drives off once he ensures you are safe, heading into the city center, "What did you tell him you were doing?"
"Nothing. I just said I was going out with you." you respond calmly, glancing out the window.
"Nice, he's easy like that." Pause. "Are you excited at least?"
"Yeah, just tired."

As the car pulls up to a parking spot, the engine gets shut off and the keys are pulled out of the ignition. He glances at you, trying to gain your attention by lightly shaking your arm. You snap back to reality, giving Nelson a smile and stepping out of the car. Following your action, he locks the vehicle before walking off with you to his right. "Are you sure you're okay?"
"Just worried that he won't like my decision." An arm places itsself on your shoulders, pulling you in.
"He will be happy no matter what. If you're happy, he's happy."
"I guess you're right, but it is his wedding too, not just mine."
"I know, and I understand, but I'll be here and I'll help you. I've been friends with Chris for years now, I can tell what he likes."
"Thank you, Nelson."

Finalising the conversation, you push through a pair of glass doors, leading you into a suit tailors. You gently close the door behind him, inspecting the room quickly before a short male approaches you both. A smile beams at us, before he begins talking, "Ah! You must be Y/N and Nelson, come on in!" He gestures to the chairs along the walls, tapping through the computer on a high desk.
"Sorry if we're too early, they couldn't contain their excitement." your friend chuckles, nudging you lightly.
"No worries, you're the first appointment of the day so no waiting time!" he sits down opposite the both of you, "So, what can I do for you both?"
"Y/N here needs a suit for their wedding, and I will need one as well."
"Okay, okay. We'll do one before the other, as there is only one of me, but we won't run out of time. Nelson, come with me." he finishes, standing up and walking through another door, Nelson close behind him, grinning at you.

"Y/N, the colour is light blue, right?" he shouts from behind the door.
"Yeah, it is!" you respond, receiving silence after your words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had returned after half an hour, a suit zipped up in a tailor's bag held in his arms like his own bride. Lowering himself down onto the chair, he nudges you once again with his elbow, before informing you of your instructions, "Your turn, he'll need to take some measurements but other than that, you'll be fine." You nod in response, standing up and entering the same door the assistant left through. It reveals a smaller room, jackets hung from a metal rack at the furthest corner, with matching trousers beside it. "Y/N, come over here," he says, a ribbon tape measure in his hands. You follow his words, stepping closer to him, as he wraps the ribbon around your chest, stomach and both your arms - upper and lower. Then, he tightens the ribbon around your hip, thighs and calves, before writing each result down on a piece of paper. "What colour? Light blue, white, black, grey?"
"Hm..." you ponder audibly, "I'll go with white."
"Nice choice, not many people would risk white." he hums, sliding a pencil behind his ear, strolling towards the racks. He pulls off a matching jacket and pair of trousers from the metal bars, passing them to you, "Try these on, they'll be loose, but that's what I'm here for." Clutching onto them, he opens another door for you to enter, allowing you to change.

Stepping out once again, this time in your t-shirt, with a jacket over your shoulders and trousers wrapped around your legs, the male smiles at you as he begins to move the fabric around in specific ways. His face expressed mental notes being taken, and after five minutes, he let go. "Pass me the jacket first, I'll start with this." Doing as he says, you sit on a vacant seat close to him, as he starts up his sewing machine and works on the sleeves, then around the stomach.

Before long, he had finished his work on both the blazer and the trousers, returning them to you in a black tailor's bag. Leaving the room, you stride to Nelson who was just rising from his seat to leave. Dropping an unknown note onto the desk with the computer, he grins at the worker, "Thank you for this, means a lot."
"You're welcome, I wish you both well, and that your wedding is a joyous one, Y/N." he grins, perching the door open to allow you both to leave. Nelson smiles in return, before glancing at you as you step away from the shop.

Glancing at your phone as you walk to the car, you check for a response to a message you had sent: Kelly could not make it, so you promised to show her the suits you had both picked out as soon as you did. A response came through, an approval from her made you even happier. You show Nelson, he shoots you a thumbs up as you arrive at his car.

"What plans do you have tonight?"
"None of the guys are doing anything, so probably scrolling through Twitter and TikTok." He chuckles lightly, unlocking the car, "Where do you wanna go for lunch?"
"Do you wanna come round mine? I'll ask if Chris can pick up more dinner. We're having pizza. You choose where we go for lunch."
As he carefully places the suits into the trunk of his car, he shuts the lid down and responds to your offer, "You really think I'll say no to pizza? Ask him before though, don't want to invade your house." He jumps into the driver's seat next to you, shutting the door and turning the car on.
"I'll call him, give me a second." You being calling your fiancé, putting the call on speaker.

"Chrisssss," you drag, giggling
"Yeah, Y/N?" he cheerfully responds
"Can Nelly Bean come overrrrrrrr?"
"Sure, does he wanna say for dinner?"
Nelson nods at me in response, and you vocalise it to Chris, "Mhm!"
"Alright, I'll get extras. I need his help with something anyway."
"What is it?"
"You'll see."
"Can you tell meee pleaseeeeeeeee?"
"No."
"Pretty Pleaseeeee, Puffy Beeaaannn." I smirk, winking at driver of the car.
"Mmmm noooooo. Love youu," the call cuts from his side.
"Son of a bitch!" you exclaim, with Nelson giggling next to you.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈