Chapter Thirty Two - Too Much Again

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Puffer's POV

I let them have too much last night, their body still collapsed on the mattress as the clock on my phone showed 12:17pm. I sigh, their hair spread across their pillow and sticking to their face. Legs sprawled around them, duvet covering only half their body. They looked shattered, but still as adorable as ever. Approaching the unconscious person, I crouch down, steadying myself with my hand on the floor between my feet. I brush the strands of hair off their face, placing my lips on their cheek, them stirring under my interactions. Groaning rumbles from their throat, still asleep under the duvet. I rest my hand on their upper arm, lightly moving them side to side, attempting to disrupt their dream.

"Tylerr," they mumble out, eyes barely open, "I don't wanna go to work..." I chuckle as they roll over, facing another way.
"If you think I'm Tyler, then I'll take that as a compliment." I grin, sitting on the mattress with my hand on their thigh.
"You are Tyler, and I'm not getting up."
"I'm not saying you need to get up, Y/N, I just wanted to make sure you're okay." They groan once again, sighing and sitting up carefully, still unaware of who I am.
"I was sick, that's why I dragged a bucket in here," they point to the ground, and said-bucket was sat by the dressing table, "I'm fine, I'll live."
"Why didn't you tell me? Or wake me up?"
"You don't live here."

As I rise from the fabric-covered springs, crawling closer to them, before placing my lips on their forehead. Their eyes widen, taking in who I am and realising. "Now do you believe that I'm not Tyler?"
"He used to wake me up if I overslept, work would call him as he was my emergency contact. Sorry."
"No need to apologise. Did you actually throw up?" they nod at my question, and I sigh lightly, "I'll get you a glass of water, you have your phone so if you need me you can call me, okay?" They nod again, and I lift myself up, opening the curtains in the bedroom slightly before leaving, and going downstairs to the kitchen.

As I enter, last night plays out in my mind, realising how much they had drank. It is something I regret doing often, but once I'm tipsy, I stop thinking properly, and giving in to their persuasion more often than normal.

"Just one more, Chris. Please?" they asked, grinning cutely at me. The alcohol swimming around in my system gave in, reaching for my card and approaching the bar once again. They can be too sweet to say no to, without even registering the fact themself. Two more glasses dropped onto our table, "No more after this," I said, and meant it this time. That is when they pulled me up to sing.

Flicking back into reality, I switch the tap on with a glass underneath, filling it to the near top before turning it off once more. I return to the bedroom up the stairs, pushing the glass onto the beside table. "Here you go, sick note, keep drinking and you'll be okay," I kiss their forehead once again, giving me their best smile, "That's the smile I know and love. I've got a session in two hours roughly, but don't feel bad about disturbing me, you're more important." I say, leaving the room to let them rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Puffer!" Smitty hollers at the top of his lungs, the call erupting with different laughter and call outs,.after I hit his digital car with a red shell thrown from my own vehicle. Chortling at him, I finish the race first, my average placement. All sorts of voices and noises came through my headset as the round comes to an end. Almost loud enough to block the vibrating device resting on my desk, but thankfully the tournament had ended, so I could slip away with ease. "Hey guys, Y/N needs me so I'll be back in a bit. Continue without me for now, might be a while."
"They alright?" Grizzy asks politely as he cares a lot about them, "If you need anything, give me a shout."
"Hungover, that's all. Thanks for the offer, Grizz. Speak soon!" and with that, as well as a couple of goodbyes, I leave the Discord call. Chucking my headphones onto the side, I rise from my seat and start running towards the bedroom.

Pushing the door open, they were bent over to the side, balancing above the bucket. I rush to their side, patting their back lightly to support them, "It's okay, Y/N. I'm here."
"I don't wanna be sick."
"I know, I know. You're gonna be okay, trust me. We've all been sick." Groaning continues from them, they sit back up straight against the bed frame.
"Mmm, come back to bed, wanna be with you," they whine lightly, causing me to smirk.
"I will, just let me clean the bucket, love. Do you need a top-up of water?"
"I want apple juice, pleaseee," I chuckle, grabbing the bucket in one hand and the glass in the other.
"Not yet, maybe soon."

Closing the door behind me, I return the now-clean bucket to its former position by the bedside table, and I rest the glass on the surface of the table. Sliding the jumper off my torso, over my head and onto the floor on my side, I glance down at my partner: they were half awake, still leaning against the frame that was against the wall. I lower my body down onto the mattress, carefully pulling them down, scooping them in my arms and resting their head on my chest as I led down. Running my fingers through their hair, they fidget in the spot, rotating their head to the other side. "Hubby..." they mumble, too sleepy to think straight. I chuckle lightly, preventing myself from correcting them.
"Yes?" I respond, them giggling in return.

"I love you, Mr Pufferfish."
"I love you too, Mx Bumblebee."

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈