Chapter Thirty Seven - Return

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

VeryBee
Last Streamed: a week ago

You knew you had to start streaming once again, however the fears of your chat being filled with questions about you and Chris was overpowering. You were glad it had been revealed to them - keeping it quiet any longer might have drove you insane - and everyone was supportive of it. The device resting in your pocket was blowing up as soon as that reply was sent to the artist. The words echoes around your thoughts that were once lit up onto your face.

BigPuffer
@BigPuffer
Partners who act like best friends, perhaps?

Two photos attached underneath, you picture them perfectly. He rarely gives you back rides since his arms can grow sore after working out, but when he does, it is the best feeling ever. Always ensuring you were okay, while running around the house as fast as he could and avoiding any breakages. This time, however, was to pose for a photo - this did not stop him from spinning around once the images had been taken. The second photo had your lips locked together, instigated by yourself, as the camera took the photo. You felt ecstatic afterwards, you wish you could have stayed there.

Your attention was pulled back to the monitors positioned in front of you, your Twitch lit up on the left, and your desktop on the right. The background was the first photo you had with your now-fiancé during one of the nights at Boston. His arm was wrapped around you, with your arm only just reaching the other side of his body. The biggest smiles were painted on your faces, explicitly showing your love for each other. Flicking your gaze to your Twitch, you decide to go live, not even registering the time. Half an hour until BigPuffer, your favourite streamer, goes live.

Chat fills with people spamming emotes - you only allowed them when you first start the stream, to avoid overwhelming yourself. Your moderators appear, you hope they help sorting out any fans asking about you and the man in the other room, as this news had only recently been released. Switching your camera on, you grin at the screen, "Hi cha- Oh fuck, my hair." Violently patting down any strands poking out, you laugh at yourself, the chat starting to greet you, "Okay, let's start that again, hello chat!" the original smile returns, scanning through the messages.

"Hello Bee, we've missed you. How are you?"

"3 months, let's go. What's the plan for today?"

"Have some bits! Missed you, Beee."

The robotic voices fill your ears, registering each one. "I've missed you all too! Been a wild one, but we're back." you exhale lightly, pondering, "I actually have no plans! Throw ideas at me." After a couple of seconds, the messages are naming a range of games or ideas, you consider each one. "I am not playing Warzone by myself, we've discussed this, chat." Pause, "Mario Kart is a good shout, maybe playing with you guys?" your question was heard by everyone watching the stream, receiving 'yes' over and over again, almost like spam. "Okay, okay, Mario Kart it is."

Your door bursts open, flinging your focus over to it as the noise reaches underneath your headphones - your partner was stanced in the door frame, gazing at you intensely, "Somebody say Mario Kart?"
"Puffer! Don't fucking do that," you laugh off your adrenaline, him joining you, "I was gonna play with chat, wanna play?"
"Fuck it, we ball." he swiftly enters his office, leaving your door open.
"At least shut my door, bastard!" you exclaim, before sliding your headphones off with a sigh and lunging towards it. Once it had shut, you return to the desk, plugging your Switch into the right monitor and into the switchpad. Pushing your headphones back over your ears, the newly added device powers up, and covers the right monitor's screen entirely.

The game had finally set itsself up, showing the menu to you. You switch the stream's view so they could also see. On your left monitor, you scan Discord quickly after the incoming call audio erupts from the speakers over your ears. Accepting the call, it was with Chris, putting you at ease. "Just setting up now, Bee. Forgot to shut your door, sorry." he chuckles, clicking his tongue once.
"So you should," you chirp, attempting to set up a tournament on the game to your right.
"Already raging? We've not started!"
"Shut up," you mumble, receiving a chortle in response. Hiding the code from your viewers, you begin typing it out to your lover in your messages, sending it once done.
"Thank you, aaaaaaaand stream is on. I'll join now." Minutes pass before his Mii appears on the screen, allowing you to reveal the code to your watchers.
"Here it is, people."

Your server had been filled under roughly five minutes, and by this time, Chris had fully started streaming, which included shouting at chat a couple of times, so you were both ready. A range of maps were voted for, but it finished on Big Blue, a map you had only lost once.

That was to Chris.

Grinning to your stream, your plan was set in stone: 'Target Him'. The map had loaded, you were positioned in the front spot, and you sped off once the race started, the blue Shy Guy right behind you. "Host advantage!" he hollers, with you giggling to yourself.
"Worried you won't win?"
"Never lost Big Blue."
"I thought you retired?" You wack him with a green shell you sent backwards, starting his rage early. Angry hums come from his microphone, as he attempts to catch up. Lap Two. You and a viewer were sharing first and second before a blue shell was sent your way. When it was released, you were in second, but it had hit you both due to your close proximity, "Fuck!"
"That's what you get!" the man booms, passing you both, as well as two other members.
"That's it."

Double item box, a star and three red shells. "Perfect," you whisper to yourself, using the star to cut corners with ease as you rapidly approach your fiance in first place. "Chat, let me through! He ain't winning!" you shout into your microphone. Lap Three. Third place. The person between your Bowser Jr. and his Shy Guy was a moderator of his, causing a bias result. You decide to use a red shell on second place, speeding through and collecting another item box. A normal mushroom, just enough. Flinging the red shells while allowing time for both to be effective, he spins out, cursing under his breath. You start laughing agressively, driving down the bends at the end and across the finish line. He slams something against his desk - you are hoping it is his hand - while you grin and cheer. "We did it! Never lost Big Blue!"

Once more, the door explodes open, the same male as earlier sprinting towards you. Screaming playfully, he scoops you out of your chair, holding you over his right shoulder, "Puffer!"
"This is what you get, Bee!" he drags your headphones off, carefully placing them onto the desk, before spinning around on the spot violently. Between your shouts for help, you find yourself giggling even more, eventually accepting your fate. He comes to a stop, before lifting you off his shoulder and returning you to the chair, "Fuck, I'm dizzy."
"Sit on the floor then."
"I'm streaming, I can't stay here." You sigh, standing up and assisting him back to his office.

As you enter the office, you realise that the whole room was covered by the camera - you quickly remembered that you have socks on, so you were happy to continue walking him. You both approach the chair, him falling onto it to stabilise himself and putting his headphones back on, grinning up at you when he was done. Returning to your room with a thumbs up, you shut the door and stroll back to your chair, following Chris with putting your headphones back on. You select a map, one of the new ones, before speaking once again.

"What about Coconut Mall, ever lost that?"
"Never, and today will not be that day."

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈