Chapter Twenty Three - Getting Ready

There will be a point where you have to pick an outfit. This won't effect anything, it's simply just your preference.

Also Going foreward in time a little bit
Date: Thursday 13th October

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

You ponder often. Your mind constantly curious of the world around it. That did not help when you had always been sceptical. 'Trust no one,' something you continued to remind yourself of when everything came crashing down. 'You will not find somebody again,' you attempted to convince yourself it was a lie, it never worked. No matter your mental strength, your emotions, your friendships: you never believed in love. You manipulated your soul into believing there was no such thing as a mate. Feeling like a star-crossed lover - no matter who's company you enjoy, loving them is forbidden.

"You're dissociating again, what's wrong?"

Rapid blinking, your soul returns to your universe. There he was, stood in front of you with his hand resting against your forearm. He had a light, comforting smile drawn in his features, as he watched you. Glancing down, you grab his arm with your free one, pulling it lightly off. You held on to it for a while, taking in the care he is willing to give. Your thoughts fading away with him present, as you inspect the room. You discovered you were in the living room, stood to the left of the sofa, facing away from the monitor showcasing the news. Putting your hands to your eyes, you rub them lightly, "I just can't believe I finally fell in love with somebody again."

That would have been your final thought if you were not disrupted - you had finally found love you were permitted to interact with. The bond between you both was immaculate, and as a child the idea of 'When soulmates meet, it will replicate spending time with somebody you've known your whole life' was one you gave all trust to. All signs pointed to him being the one you'd marry after all of these torturous years searching for love.

He grins down at you, placing his lips against your forehead, pulling them away after a second, "You should believe. Do you want me to reassure that fact?" Confusion fills you, as you gaze into his eyes, his doing the same. As you slowly nod, he winks lightly, "We've got plans. Have a bath, self-care, shave your legs, whatever you do to get ready. I'll leave something in the bedroom for you." His eyes glinting with joy, but you're still confused. You sheepishly accend the stairs, overthinking everything he's said. Stepping inside the bedroom, you start pulling your t-shirt off and over your head, and then sliding your jogging bottoms off, before wrapping a dressing gown around your bare body.

You leave the bedroom, waddling towards the bathroom. Locking the door behind you and letting go of the gown, you slightly flash, but it didn't mind you as it was only you in the room. Turning both bath taps on, the tub begins to fill with lukewarm water. You put a bit of bubble bath liquid into the pouring water, bubbles forming after a couple of seconds. Switching off the water, the tub was complete. Taking your dressing gown off, you slip into the soapy water, dunking your head under to soak your hair. You begin your routine: shampoo; rinse; conditioner; brush; wash body; rinse conditioner. The foam swirling around you. Stepping out of the tub, the water starts to drain, as you wrap a towel around your torso, covering your chest, before leaving the bathroom. You had dried your feet on the mat, so the flooring wouldn't get wet, as you stepped towards the bedroom. Clasping onto the handle, you take a deep breath, before pushing the door open wide.

Author: This is where you choose your Outfit (Note: It's either the dress, or the shirt & trousers, ignore accessories.)