Chapter Fourteen - Sweet Dreams

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

The journey is over: although inspecting the world outside the window, it looks the exact same as before you left. The people surrounding you stay sat, but frantically searching around, waiting for instructions. You glance to your left - he insisted on having the window seat, and lied to you by saying the middle seats were the best - and he's peacefully sleeping. Slightly shaking him, he slowly raises his eyelids up, adjusting his glasses and positioning himself to sit up. He glances at the crowd, and then at you, "Ready?" he asks, still half asleep. You nod, taking your seatbelt off. You pick your hand luggage up and carry it down the aisle, Chris accompanying.

Stepping outside the plane was bizarre, it doesn't feel like you're in a different state, but you know you are. Texas, the last place on Earth you thought you would end up, but now you're here. You barely sigh, heading towards the suitcase pick up. Chris waits next to you, smiling down at you anytime you glanced up at him. "It's gonna be one night at a hotel, is that okay?" He finally chirps, once your suitcases come down the conveyor belt, while you nod to his question. He grabs them both, and drags them along the airport floor, the wheels rolling echoing through the halls.

Exiting the building, you follow his lead, which brought you to a decent looking car - a dark blue shade. No marks, not a spec of dirt on the body. You've always wondered how these guys keep their cars so clean, you can barely keep a house clean, and that doesn't drive along all sorts of roads. The lights flash, indicating it has been unlocked. He lifts the boot of the car up and slides both of your suitcases into it, before shutting it up and smiling directly at you. "Are you okay?" He asks, striding over to you and placing his hand on your upper arm.
"I'm terrified,"
"I know, and I completely understand. We can drive around if you'd like to?" He assures.
"Please," you respond, starting towards the car. You open the passengers seat door, adjusting yourself in the car.

After a while, you pull up to a large building, windows dotted across the walls. Chris parks up near by, exiting the vehicle and pushing the boot open to grab the suitcases. As he drags them out, you exit as well, lightly closing the door behind you. He shuts the boot, locking the door. The lights flash once while you stride to the hotel entrance. As you walk inside, Chris rushes over to the receptionist, attempting to get hold of the card to the room you'll share. You wait a few steps back, clutching onto the handles of both suitcases - he had given them to you so his hands were empty. Inspecting the walls, art pieces were dotted along them, delicate frames wrapping around the sides, all different styles, colours, objects, places. You've always wanted to try painting but you never could afford the equipment.

Disrupting your day dream, Chris holds your arms with both of his hands, grinning. He knew you were in a day dream, although that's not necessarily difficult. "I've got the card, let's head up." He receives the suitcases from you, before rolling them towards an elevator. You accompany him, standing behind him when inside.

You still can never get your head around why he loves you. There must be millions of other people who he would prefer over you. Maybe he'll leave you. Those thoughts echo throughout your mind consistently, but you believe they'll leave soon - he's asked you to move in with him, in a completely different state. He must be a massive dick if he was going to go through with this and then leave you in the dust. He can't be like that, Tyler would have known if he was and wouldn't let him pursue you. You've just got to trust the process, that's all you can do.

You find yourself at the hotel room door. Made from a dark mahogany wood, all sorts of patterns danced around the surface. A carefully crafted door handle, silver in colour, was placed half way down the door - to the left - with a small black cylinder below. Chris places the card against it, a click sounds, before he opens the door wide, and drags the suitcases inside. You enter after him, closing the door behind you. Light gray wallpaper painted across the walls, intricate designs washed over it. The hallway was short, one side had a door, and the other side had a singular painting. It depicted a sunset over the vast ocean, golden rays covering the canvas, a collection of tiny dots covered the lowest quarter, showcasing the sand the artist positioned themself on to create this piece. You continue towards the bedroom, searching around the room with your eyes.

He was lowered onto the bed, checking his phone. The screen was flashed onto his glasses, reflecting what looked like a discord chat. The bed was a king size, the duvet and pillows covered in sky blue cotton sheets, the pillows placed with care. The frame was cushioned with a deep gray, lamps placed on the wooden bedside tables either side of the framework. You position yourself next to Chris, glancing at him. "Hey Chris, why are you doing this?"
"Doing what?" He asks, looking up from his phone.
"Caring about me a lot, trying to make me as happy as possible."
"Because I love you, dummy."

"You love me?"
"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?"
"Because I'm annoying?"
"Oh, Y/N," he pauses, wrapping an arm over your shoulders, "You are in no way annoying. I love you, okay? You mean everything to me,"
"Are you certain?"
"Yes, I'm certain," he kisses you on the forehead, "Now, do you wanna head out for dinner?"

You both exit the room, he checks that the door is locked before continuing on. After rushing down some stairs, you leave the hotel, walking down the street next to each other. He pauses, unlocking his phone, "I need to have a look at the places nearby," he comments, scrolling. You don't mind, it gives you time to just watch him. His scrolling, his eyes scanning the screen, the light gust of wind running through his hair. He looks up and grins, "We can continue, just checking if somewhere was open," he chirps, continuing down the street, you stick by his side.

Eventually, you find yourself at a restaurant called "La Piccola Rana". You peaked inside - some tables were occupied, but there were several left vacant. Chris slides the door open, standing to the side to allow you to enter. You nod your head down, obeying the instruction. A waiter rushes over, asking for table size. "Table for Two, please," Chris grins, wrapping his arm around your back, holding onto your upper arm. The waiter nods, and ushers you to follow. You both proceed, discovering a small table with two seats either side. Chris pulls a chair open for you, permitting you to sit. You lower yourself into the seat, and he adjusts himself on the seat opposite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CW: Talk of Alcohol until end of Chapter

Stumbling into the hotel room, you're struggling to walk straight. You've accidentally had one too many, and it shows. You trip over your feet, but Chris supports your limp body. "C'mon, Y/N, let's lie you down," he comments, lifting you onto the bed. He kisses your forehead lightly, before unbuttoning his shirt. You start giggling when he slides it off, causing him to chuckle slightly. You stop giggling, slowly falling into a deep sleep.

Puffer's POV

There they go. I regret buying them those drinks. I give off a light sigh, before lifting them up from the bed, and positioning them to sit up straight. I try to take some of their clothes off, but it's incredibly difficult with a sleeping person. I manage to slide all the clothes off of their torso, and I replaced them with one of their oversized hoodies that was packed into their suitcase. I proceeded to untie their shoes, taking them both off for them. I raise them up once more, throwing the duvet back to cover them up with. Their body is fully limp. Once I take my glasses off, I slide myself into the blanket on the other side. I decide to leave them for the night, keeping on my side of the bed.

"Sweet Dreams, Y/N"

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

A/N: Hi people! Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoy this little bit of Puffer POV, it might return in the future if you'd like it to

Also, It might be a while until I upload again as I need to mass produce chapters at the moment - if I manage to make enough then hopefully it wont be long, but this is dependent on my ability to focus on things. Welcome to the world of ADHD. Hope this makes sense. <3