42

E L L A

All of this is eating me up deep down.

The thoughts and anger I have while sitting in my hospital bed are inhumane.

I wish I could kill the dead.

I made it out, physically. This is going to stick with me mentally.

I wanted my dad to suffer the way I did, I lost my baby because of him and I lost King.

Almost lost King...

Opening my eyes I see someone walking inside the room. Immediately I think it's my dad and Miro so I sit up in bed.

It's Liam... my dad and Miro are dead.

Ezal shot himself in front of me and that keeps replaying in my head, making my mind feel like it's mush.

I bring my legs up to my chest and wrap my arm around them, "Hey," he greets sitting on the edge of my bed. I give him a light smile before burying my face in my legs, "the cops are naming it a murder-suicide," he informs.

They were so quick to question me while the doctors were checking up on me they were asking me questions. King lost a lot of blood according to Liam, I know his parents are here because they get to call the shots on what happens to King's life.

His mother straight up said, 'if my son needs life support unplug it.'

If I didn't know of her I would've thought it was because she didn't want her son to suffer, but she continued that statement by saying, 'he disappointed me and his father by not marrying the specific kind of girl we wanted him to.'

I heard everything because I was on FaceTime with Liam while he was in King's room, but I hung up because I didn't want to hear that.

I don't want King's life to be taken away from me.

I thought we made it when someone stopped to help, but he didn't.

Looking at Liam reminds me of King, "Ella," Liam calls out.

Lifting my head I look at him, "my parents don't have control over King's life," he says and I look at him confused, "I do... and I'm going to let you decide if King should you know..."

I don't want that pressure.

If he has a chance of living then I don't want anything happening to him, but I don't know what state he's in. All I know is he lost lots of blood and he had to have emergency surgery.

"What's going on with him," I ask before clearing my throat.

"He's in a coma, they don't know how long it'll be until he's awake," he informs losing eye contact and dropping his head, "I think he can make it, but the doctors don't."

I swallow hard at that information.

I'm not going to cut his life off because he's in a coma.

"I want him to live."

King has been in his coma for almost two weeks, and there have been days Liam had to drag me out of bed so I could go to my therapy appointments.

It's needed, but it sucks having to sugarcoat everything because not everyone can be trusted. Not even the therapist Liam hired specifically for the Mafia.

My therapist has been a lifesaver, especially when it came to my begging mother.

Wondering why she was taken out of the will and I was given everything, even threaten to sue me.