Chapter 16

Awhile later, Senthil got back on his feet and walked aimlessly out of the apartment to look for his violent friend. A bit far from the apartment he found Ram on the ground , surrounded by people.

Senthil somehow took him to the nearest hospital. And they had this conversation

How long has it been? Asked Ram with teary eyes.
I don't know. Answered Senthil. QUITE sometime now, you suddenly..continued senthil
Does Janani know this? Asked Ram
I don't think she knows. Said senthil. When Janani is around,you are NORMAL. Lets inform her , Said Senthil. No.. What do I do now? Cried Ram. I told you earlier, I consulted a doctor in your behalf.. Before Senthil could finish his sentence Ram interrupted saying Let's go see him. Okay sure we will said Senthil. Ram continued crying and asked Senthil, Am I mad ? No don't worry he replied. I'm really scared said Ram.

The very next day Ram and Senthil went to the temple before going to meet with the doctor.

After we finish that, I will tell you how to proceed Said the Doctor.
You mean blood tests and scan? Asked Senthil.
It's not that. Answer some questions on a paper then I'll tell you how to proceed. Explained the doctor.

Ram answered the questions with tears eyes as Senthil watched him.

When I saw the doctors face, I knew Ram's case was serious. People with Bipolar Disorder are extremely happy or dull and violent. But he has never seen anyone normal, violent, depressed and manic at the same time. He was afraid of Ram's condition. He asked me to convince Ram and get him admitted. thought Senthil to himself.