Chapter 6

Janani entered the Tuition class that night and looked at Ram's bench as she walked by as it was empty.She ignored and seated at her place qith her friends. She continued looking at Ram's place throughout the class.

After tuition she looked for Ram's bike if it was at where he normally parks it but it wasn't there.

She stared at the spot where Ram normally waits for her after tuition and rode as quick as she could to ignore. He wasn't there either.

She couldn't help but think of him the whole time.

Next morning in the tuition class, she looked at his bench and sat down at her place with a frown on her face.

"Why is that bench vaccant? Which buffalos has not come today?" asked the tutor. As he continued the lessons.

As Janani was writing her notes, she had a feeling like Ram was there. She turned and looked towards the back bench. And saw Ram sitting there watching her. She was feeling so nervous that she couldn't do anything but smile by the end of her lips at Ram.

Ram followed Janani with Senthil as she walked home alone at night. Obviously they did not walk together, Ram followed with a distance. When suddenly Janani stopped and walked back to Ram with a smile on her face.

"24812023" said Janani.

Ram smiled with loads of happiness.

"Aren't you noting it down?" asked Janani.

"Things like this will register in my brain automatically" said Ram.

Janani smiled and continued walking as Ram and Senthil followed. She stopped and look back at Ram with fear and started walking faster. Ram did not understand what was going on all out of a sudden as she walked quickly to a man infront of her. It was her father.

"What happened? Why are you walking home? Where is you cycle?" asked her father.

"Puncture dad. I left it in the shop to fix it up." explained Janani.

"Okay you go home. I'll come." said the father as he walked to Ram.

"Brother, why are you following that girl?" asked her father. Janani stood there hiding watching what was happening.

"No uncle, just...." *SLAP* " Who are you? Have you come with him?" asked the father.

"No.. no sir! I came separately." said Senthil frightened.

Janani ran home. And Ram stood there shock.

The next morning, Janani was busy packing her bag getting ready for school. Then, Sumi came pulling Janani's right hand to get her attention.

"Its getting late! leave me! I have to pack my books!" said Janani.

Sumi held Janani's hand and slowly walked pass the hall where her mom and dad were.

Sumi dragged her to the balcony and pointed her hand towards the entrance of the apartment where Ram was waiting in his school uniform with his bag on his shoulder.

Ram waved at her and looked around,Janani looked closer with a shock. She showed her hand to Sumi signing to wait and ran downstairs to the entrance.

"Why did you come here? Go!" saidJanani with a low voice.

"I need to say something important.." replied Ram.

"Wasn't the slap you got yesterday enough? If anyone sees thats it! Go!" said Janani.

"Just one thing." said Ram.

*sigh* "Okay, after tuition, wait where you usually wait, I'll come" said Janani.

As Janani and Ram turned,Ram quickly said "One minute!"

"What!?" said Janani annoyed.

Ram looked around with an innocent face and looked into Janani's eyes.

"I love you" said Ram.

Janani stood there with her eyes wide open.

"Okay go. I'll meet you in the evening." Said Janani with a puzzled reaction.

"Okay" said Ram shaking his head.

"One minute! One minute!" said Ram.

"Oh my God!! WHAT?" said Janani.

"No, I was just thinking if you could tell me now itself that if you love me or not.." said Ram.

"I will tell you in the evening..go!" said Janani with an angry face.

"No no no please tell me now" said Ram with a smile.

"Is this some new technique? To corner me infront of my house and bug me to answer your yes or no questions!" asked Janani.

"No its not that. If its a no I won't need to come and wait like an idiot in the evening right?" explained Ram.

Janani stared at him and look around to see if anyone is coming and slowly looked down to the ground.

"I do love you" said Janani with a low voice.

Ram smiled at her but she wasn't looking at him, she was still looking down at the ground.

"Now go!" said Janani.

"Okay" said Ram and went to his bike as Janani walked back into her apartment.