Chapter 14

Hey guys :) I'm publishing this new chapter with a photo of Ram and Janani during school times and when Janani found Senthil and was asking him to tell her what happened that he had to run and hide.

Here we go, chapter 14.

Senthil started telling her what happened.

"When we were in college, you got your US visa. You were supposed to leave, do you remember? That same day, Kumaran aaid he was leaving for Singapore to work. Ram could not take it. Kumaran was his friend since Lower Kindergarten. You were his life. He could not digest it when both of you wont be around."

Senthil started from telling Janani about Their conversation at a beach the night Janani and Kumaran said they were leaving.

"You had too much to drink. Its enough Ram" adviced Senthil.

"She is leaving, and he is leaving too.." sobbed Ram.

"dude! You've been complaining for the past one hour! The battery might be dead." said Senthil.

"Look at her" said Ram as he went through Janani's facebook photos.

"Doesn't it look like she is saying she will leave me? At least she informed me, but He did not say anything, that is what I cannot accept" continued Ram.

After a while, Ram scanned the waves and he had an imagination of Janani standing at the shore calling him.

"Come here, Ram. If you cross this sea, you can come to me. " said Ram's imagination of Janani as Ram looked puzzled as he was drunk.

"Come here, Ram. Won't you come to me? Come! Come on.." continued Janani. Ram walked towards his imagination of Janani and fell into the water. Senthil saw him walking towards the sea and immediately ran towards Ram before Ram could sink or get taken away by the sea. He held Ram in his arms and made him sit on the sand.

"Ram! Why dis you do this?!" shouted Senthil.

"I don't know, I must have been drunk" said Ram shivering.

"If you are drunk, will you do anything for Janani? She'll be happy there." said Senthil.

"Hey!" said Ram.

"What hey? You're a fool!" said Senthil.

"I thought Ram behaved like that because he was drunk. I took him home and consoled him and put him to bed. Then everything was normal. Both of you got married and Kumaran left for Singapore. After that Ran was not himself anymore. From then on, I spent more time with Ram. One day, there was a big loss in Ram's office. Ram's father was upset. Ram came home tensed." said Senthil to Janani.

"Hey Tom!" shouted Ram. Tom is Ram and Janani's pet dog.

"Poor thing. Why show your anger on thr dog?" asked Senthil.

"I'm tensed" uttered Ram.

"Come, Tom. Good boy" said Senthil as he carried Tom.

Ram and Senthil sat on the couch as Tom went to Ram feet and started licking him all over.

"Tom!.. Tom behave yourself!" said Ram. "Tom no!" said Ram as he kicked Tom away.

"Fool! Don't you have any sense? Wouldn't it be painful?" shouted Senthil as he went to check on the dog. Ram stared at Senthil with a furious look.

"I don't like what you are doing. Thats all I can say." said Senthil. And Senthil walked to the kitchen to get some drinks. And before he got back, Ram kicked the dog real hard and it died. When Senthil heard the noise of the dog hitting the wall from the impact of Ram's kick, he ran to the hall to see what happened and found blood stain on the wall with Tom on the floor dead. Senthil looked at Ram. Senthil was scared. But Ram continued his work on his laptop like nothing happened.

"Ram! RAM! it is dead" said Senthil.

Ram looked at him puzzled.

"What happened to you? What will you tell Janani?" asked Senthil. Thats when Ram was concious. He covered his mouth with one hand crying and walked to the dead dog. He got down on his knees.

"let's take it to the hospital. Hospital.... Its like a child to Janani. She wont be able to take it. Don't tell Janani please" cried Ram.

"What do you mean? What will you tell her when she asks about the dog?" asked Senthil.

"I dont know! I didnt know what I was doing in anger. Please help me we have to do something" cried Ram.

Ram and Senthil buried Tom at a land nearby and went back to their apartment. Janani came back from work and saw both of them on the couch looking really tired. She sat on Ram's lap and touched his face.

"How was work today? You look tired." she said as she kissed him on his forehead. "Are you okay? I'll go change and make some dinner for us, okay?" she continued.

Janani got changed and made dinner and she was preparing the table for dinner.

"Janani, where is Tom?" asked Ram.

"Where is Tom?! You came home before me. Didn't you see Tom?" asked Janani and went to every room in search of Tom.

"What is this Ram?" asked Janani.

"No, I was tensed due to work. I didn't notice" said Ram.

Senthil looked at Ram and Janani. He didn't understand what was happening.

"Ram!! Why are you still sitting? Get up and look for Tom!" shouted Janani. And when Ram started looking for Tom, Senthil was shocked.

"Senthil can you please help us?" asked Janani.

"Okay" said Senthil as he started to look for Tom too.

Janani went out of the apartment to look for Tom downstairs.

"Are you really looking for it?" asked Senthil

"Ram, I checked all over the apartment, I sent the driver to check the streets. Tom is missing. Where could he go?" cried Janani as she walked in.

"When I came back, the door was slightly open" explained Ram.

"How can you be so careless? Do you have any sense? " cried Janani as she stood back at the wall and got down to the floor and started crying. Ram got on the floor next to Janani and started crying louder.

"Sorry Janani. Its all my fault! Its all my fault! " cried Ram as he fell on the floor.

"Ram. Ram! Please don't cry. Look at me. " said Janani as she held Ram in her arms.

"Janani sorry Ram. Janani sorry! Please dont cry Ram. Why talk this way?" cried Janani.

"Only then I realised Ram was in trouble. His anger, unwarrented happiness and tears were scary. Before anyone noticed it, I wanted to help him." storied Senthil to Janani.

He started telling her about his meeting with the Psychologist.

"Based on what you're saying, it sounds like Bipolar Disorder. But I cant confirm until I see the patient." explained the Psychologist.

"What is Bipolar Disorder?" asked Senthil.

"Bipolar Disorder. The name itself suggests 2 poles, 2 extremes. It is not split personality disorder. One extreme, depression. The other extreme, mania. When a patient is depressed he will be sad, he wont feel hungry, he cant sleep, he will feel guilty for small problems. If this is left untreated it could lead to suicide. In mania a patient will get very angry. At times, he'll be happy without any reason. This is called grandiose thinking. For example, a patient may think he can lift a car. In a small argument, they could even harm a person. At times, he may even hit himself. We cannot say this disease comes due to a specific reason, it can come to anyone at anytime." explained the Psychologist.

"Doctor.. We can cure it right?" asked Senthil.

"It cannot be said so simply. For some patients this may not recur. But for some, it recurs. One has to take medicines for many years. Bring the patient to me and I will have a look at him" said the Psychologist.

"My blood froze when I heard what the doctor said. I somehow wanted to bring him to see the doctor. So I invited him to stay over at my house. I realised that day how dangerous Ram was." storied Senthil to Janani,