Chapter 18

Just after Senthil left, Ram sat on his chair with his hands on his head with his teary eyes closed. Janani walked slowly into his room.

What is happening Ram? Asked Janani with a soft voice.
What Janani? Asked Ram.
Everything! Why is Senthil staying with us? She asked.
Tell me whatever it is, it's okay. She continued.
It's nothing Janani. Finished Ram.
Don't tell me it's nothing . Don't you think I'm noticing things? You don't want to sleep with me in the room, you don't talk to me, you don't even smile at me. Don't I know you? I've known you for 10 years Ram! You've never been like this. Talk to me Ram! She cried but Ram remained silent. And she continued.
Are you having an affair?
Janani NO! He immediately answered.
What else do you expect? You don't even make love to me anymore. How else can you humiliate me Ram? I love you Ram. I cannot get angry with you, I don't know how to get angry with you. Come in and sleep with me! She said in anger and left the room with Ram crying.

It was difficult to live there once I knew I was not welcomed. But I didn't know what else to do. I knew you noticed Ram was not normal. Only I know how much he suffered looking at your reaction. You wanted to work things out between the two of you. No matter how much Ram refused, you forced him and took him out to the bar.

Things were all fine at the bar that night. The good part is Senthil followed them. When they were at the bar, Janani let Ram know that she wanted to go to the washroom and as she made her way towards the washroom some guys were flirting with her and blocking her way from going pass them. Ram saw what those guys did so he quickly rushed to them and Senthil followed. One of those guys, pushed Senthil and that made Ram so furious till he punched that guy in the face. Janani and Senthil pulled him away from those guys. Senthil and Ram had to go to the doctor that night so they have some excuses and sent Janani at the car park where their car and their driver was waiting.

Hello! Excuse me! I'm talking to you! Shouted those guys who brought extra people to fight with Ram and Senthil at the car park.

What's your problem? One of them asked. Nothing sir, just a small problem. Nothin big. Go on. Said Senthil. I guess he got a little high. Said that guy in a sarcastic way. It was your man who started it. It's okay just leave. Senthil said. What's your problem? Continued that guy. No it was him.. Okay I'll apologize.. Please leave. Said Senthil as he didn't want the problem to get out of hand. What do you mean? Would you lay hands on anyone? Asked that guy.
Sir, it was your man who started the problem unnecessarily, he touched my wife. Explained Ram.

As soon as Ram finished. The guy slapped him on the face. Senthil was shocked and he pushed them away. But he couldn't fight them cause there were many of them. Ram started to bash them all up. Ram turned violent and furious and extremely uncontrollable. At that point, Senthil couldn't think of anything but the injection medicine given by the doctor Adviced to use only when Ram gets out of hand. He injected Ram and The other guys ran out of there. Ram was unconscious. Senthil had to hold him all the way back to the apartment.