Chapter 19

Senthil knocked the apartment's door. Ram's right hand in Senthil's shoulders to balance and help him walk.

Janani opened the door and saw her husband with bloody face and messy hair. Janani's love for Ram can never be explained. She loves him deeply and he means her whole entire life. Seeing him like that she fainted right there. Senthil and Ram caught her and Ram carried her to the sofa and tried to wake her up.

About an hour later she finally gained conscious and gave Ram some first aid treatments. She was crying watching him react to her touch in pain.

You couldn't even take it when he had small injuries. Ram didn't know how you were going to handle the problem he was going through. Ram couldn't take it when you shed a few tears. After seeing you cry that day I knew Ram will not tell you about his condition or admission.

After Ram forced her to eat and make her stop crying she finally fell asleep in Ram's arms, Ram carried her to make her sleep in their room and he walked out of the room. He sat at his study table and Senthil was giving him his medicines. While eating, Ram kept looking at the door way. Senthil realizes that and turn and looked towards the door way to see what Ram is looking at.

Senthil : What are you looking at?

Ram looked at the door way speechless giving Senthil eye contact to look over there. But when Senthil turned, tere was no one and nothing there.

Senthil : What is it?

Ram : Can you see anything over there?

Senthil : What? *looks there* What are you talking about ?

Ram : I can see it. *shivering*

He actually could see a man and a little girl eating a big plate of food at the door way. Senthil walked towards his back and looked at the door way from his side.

Senthil : There's nothing over there. I'm afraid. Get yourself admitted at the hospital.

Ram : No , not the hospital. I don't want to go to the hospital. I said it for fun. There's no one over there.

Senthil : Ram, don't play the fool. Don't lie. Listen to me.

Ram : No really.

Senthil : Get yourself admitted.

Ram : Please not the hospital. I really said it for fun. There is no one over there. I'm not mad. I'm fine

Senthil : Okay. Calm down.

I knew Ram was lying. The doctor warned he will start hallucinating. He realized that too. I informed the doctor and he wanted to start shock treatment.

Next day, Senthil dragged Ram to the doctor. Ram was crying and he didn't want to go through shock treatment. But Senthil and the Doctor somehow made him lie down and gave him the treatment. After the treatment, they went back to the apartment and Janani walked towards him as soon as they entered.

Janani : Ram, why are you late ?

Ram : I had work in the office.

Janani : Is that so, Senthil?

Before Senthil could answer, Ram answered for him.

Ram : He doesn't know. He just arrived.

Janani : When did you leave the office?

Ram : 15 minutes ago.

Janani slapped him.

Janani : Are you lying Ram? Are you lying to me ? I called your office. They said you left at 7 pm. It's 11 pm now. Are you going to say it was traffic? Open your mouth and talk to me Ram!

He told there in silence. Janani started to beat him asking him to talk and Senthil tried to stop her.

Senthil : Janani please don't hit him. Please Janani. Leave him.

Janani : This is between us. Who are you? Stay where you should be.

Ram : Hey!

Ram looked at her in anger. She slowly turned towards him.

Janani : What? Then what? Will you hit me ? Hit me!

She hugged him and cried. While hugging him...

Janani : Why are you doing this Ram? I know you won't do anything wrong. But something is going on. What is it Ram? Why don't you want to include me? I just want to be there for you. Look at me Ram. I just want to be there for you.

She kissed him all over his face a slowly walked to her room. She turned around..

Janani : I'm sorry Senthil , I didn't mean that.

She said and lied down on her bed. After she slept. Ram stool there the way he stood since she left the hall. Senthil hold Ram's shoulder with both hands and shakes Ram.

Senthil : Ram! Ram! What's wrong with you?! Why are you standing like this?!

Senthil couldn't do anything. So he left Ram alone and sat down on a chair next to Ram. Ram stood there like that for about an hour. Later, he looked around the room, Senthil fell asleep on the dining table.

Ram walked to the room where Janani was asleep. He stood next to her when he saw a plate of apples and a knife. He slowly took the knife and swung it to the air to stab his wife. Senthil came from behind him and covered his mouth and hold his hand as right as he could. And dragged him out of the room. Senthil took Ram to the balcony so that Janani wouldn't be able to hear them talking and wake up from we sleep.

Senthil : Get yourself admitted.

Ram : I don't remember anything ever since I went to the hospital.

Senthil : The doctor said this will happen after the shock treatment. Ram, as time goes by .... Let's just get you admitted.

Ram had tears running down his cheeks.

Ram : I'd rather die than to have her look at me differently.

He heard a voice behind him answering his statement.

Voice : Yes, die!

But Ram ignored it.

Senthil : hey !

Ram : No, just think about it. That's the best solution.

Senthil : Why say such things? I'm here for you. Don't like a mad man.

Ram : *laughs* I am mad aren't I ?

Senthil : No, I didn't mean it that way.

Ram : Can you help me?

Senthil took Ram to his father's house at that very moment. That was what Ram asked Senthil to do for him.