Chapter 17

After meeting with the doctor Ram waited in the car for Senthil who went to talk with the doctor about Ram's test. And when Senthil got into the car'a driver seat...

You need to come for another 2 to 3 check ups. But it's better if you get admitted . Let's tell Janani. Said Senthil.

Please don't. If she sees me this way, will there be love in her eyes ? There will only be fear. Please don't tell her. Begged Ram.

I understand. But what happened to me today could happen to her. Can you take it ? Sorry but we have to tell her. Adviced Senthil.

After a short silence Ram spoke.

She can't take it even if I have a slight fever. She will be crying for 2 to 3 days without eating. How will she take this? Let's say I get admitted, how will her life be? She can't be looking after a patient like me and travel to and from the hospital.

Senthil interrupts saying..

What are you talking? She will give her life for you.

I know. That's why I'm saying no. Replied Ram.

Ram had a tough time after realizing his condition and that he couldn't control himself. He was afraid to stay alone with you.

After their conversation in the car, Ram and Senthil drove back to the apartment and Janani opened the door and looked at Ram from head to toe.

What is this? Asked Janani.
Ram silently walked in followed by Senthil. Neither did anyone of them answer Janani's question.

Ram, I asked you what happened. Said Janani.
What is it Janani? Asked Ram gently.
I went to Sabrimalai (a place of worship in India) answered Ram.
I can see that but why didn't you tell me ? Asked Janani furiously.
It was a sudden feeling. Said Ram quickly.
Janani turned and stared towards Senthil.
She shook her head sadly and turned around to walk back to her room. But Ram called her.

Senthil will stay with us for about a week. His house owner asked him to vacate all of a sudden. Explained Ram.

Sorry Janani. I said I'll stay in a hotel , but he refused to listen. Senthil explained .

Feet at home, how is your hand? Asked Janani .

Better. Said Senthil.

It does not look like you fell from the staircase. It looks more like someone bashed you up. Joked Janani.

Later.. Senthil and Ram were watching tv. And Janani came.

Senthil, I left a pillow and sheets on the sofa for you. Ram, aren't you coming to bed ? Asked Janani.

No Janani, I have the garland on from the temple, I have to sleep alone. Said Ram.

As she leaned over towards Ram to Gie him a good night kiss, he showed her his garland and avoided her kiss. Janani backed off sadly. And started crying to her room. Ram watched her walking to the room and cried.

The doctor was worried that he can't give Ram proper treatment if he did not get admitted. No matter how much we tried we couldn't not convince Ram. So the doctor gave me an inject medicine. He told me to use it when we couldn't control Ram.

Ram, my parents are here from the village. Take care I'll be back in an hour. Said Senthil and left.