Chapter 20 : The Pain of Love

Here we are readers! The final chapter to this beautiful love story. We may see some tears for sure. This story will remain in my heart forever and no matter how many times I watch it or read it I'm going to be sitting here in tears. Love is far more then just being together, it's about being there for each other. Always let your partner be there for you so it doesn't end like this end.
.....................................................

At Ram's Father's house that night. His father was sitting at his study table doing some paper works when Ram and Senthil arrived.

Ram : Dad!

Father : Ram, why are you here at this hour? All okay at home?

Ram : Yes. I need to talk about something important.

Father : OK.

Ram : Life matter dad.

Father : *face changed* If you say life matter........ Is Janani pregnant?

Ram : No dad.

Father : Come, sit down.

Ram and Senthil sat infront of Ram's father.

Father : What is it? Tell me.

Ram : Dad, I want all my shares and properties under my name to be changed to Janani's name. Can it be done dad?

His father looked at him shocked.

Father : Why change? Everything okay at home?

Ram : Yea, it's all okay. Don't get Janani wrong.

Father : I know about my daughter in law, you don't have to tell me about her.

Ram smiled. But his smiled carried an showed so much pain. All the pain he had inside.

Ram : Then change it Dad.

Father : No, I don't think it's right.

Ram : I feel she brings me luck. Do what I say....

Father : Hey! What are you saying?

Ram : Who did you give half your shares to? Who did you give?

Father : It's under your mother's name. I cannot convince you. First thing in the morning I'll talk to our auditor. Go on.

Ram : Okay. Bye!

Father : Ram! Don't talk about life matter to me anymore.

Ram : Okay dad.

He said and left with Senthil.

When they reached the parking lot at Ram's apartment. Senthil and Ram stayed in the car thinking of something. As usual, Senthil was the one who drove.

Ram slowly turned and looked at Senthil.

Ram : Bro.

Senthil : *Turns and looks at him*

Ram : I'll handle it. You can go home today.

Senthil : How am I to leave you alone with her ?

Ram : I will lock myself in the study room tonight. You go home.

Senthil : No, I won't. You might commit suicide.....

Before Senthil could finish his sentence, Ram banged Senthil's head on the steering . From that impact, Senthil got unconscious. Ram started crying, he slowly held Senthil's head and placed it against the seat. And begged for forgiveness, he gave him a hug . As final, he spoke to Senthil when he was still unconscious.

Ram : Sorry. Sorry for everything. You have done a lot for me. But I have to go now. That's the best option. I don't have a brother....

He said and got out of the car and headed towards the apartment to see Janani.

That was the last I saw him. After that....

Ram walked to the room and kneeled down next to Janani who was deep asleep and he started crying when he saw her so fragile, beautiful, patient and loving face for the last time.

Ram : Thank you. Thank you. I'm leaving.

He went closer to her and smelled her hair for the last time and cried.

Voice : Either you die, or you kill her.

It was his hallucination! Again!

Voice : Quick! Decide! It's either you or her!

Ram ran to the hall to look for anything that could kill him. He opened the drawers searching for anything. That's when he saw a knife on the dining table.

He grabbed the knife. Went to the study table, and started writing the letter which was found by Janani in his coat.  He was crying while writing every single word in the letter.

While writing the letter he had hallucinations keep talking to him and forcing him to die as fast as he can. Listening to Senthil telling all this, Janani couldn't take it.

He wrote the letter, kissed it and went to her room to keep it safely in his coat pocket where Janani would find it.

After leaving it in the coat, Ram came back to the study table, sat down holding the knife just like the Photo I have displayed for this chapter. Before slitting his throat, he thought about the happiest time he had with Janani.

At the end, he slit his throat and died.

Janani's love for Ram will never end. She will always live for him. And always remember him.

The End.