Chapter 1

You know when you get out of school and you start working, you're sometimes glad that you are leaving behind a few things.
For Faith, she was glad that she wouldn't get bullied anymore.

Faith came out as a lesbian in middle school and was always targeted by girls and boys of her school.

She spent most of her childhood alone without any friends but fortunately had a loving family that supported her through everything.

Her older brother Theo short for Theodore always had her back and protected her most of the times from the bullies.

It helped having Theo on her side as he was 6 ft tall and never missed a day in the gym. Guys were afraid of him and girls followed him. He had short, blonde hair and ocean blue eyes and always hung out with his two friends, Jack and Ethan and his girlfriend, Ivory who also adored Faith.

Faith was 5 ft 4 and preferred to dress up in a more "masculine" way. She had dark brown hair and blue eyes similar to her brother. She always wore round glasses and proudly wore her lesbian flag pin on her jacket despite the bullying.

Theo was four years older to her but he and Faith always had each other's backs and had a loving brother sister relationship that you would only see in movies.

Their parents had a perfect relationship too. Even after 26 years of marriage they were still in love with each other as if they were teenagers. Nancy and Doug were high-school sweethearts and always tried their best to give their children a happy childhood and to set an example of a healthy relationship.

They were aware of the hardships Faith had gone through in her school but always supported her and never made her feel like she's alone.
It's one of the reasons as to why even after all the bullying, Faith wasn't a gloomy, pessimistic woman.

She still believed that she could find love just like her parents, she believed that she would find someone who would understand her and support her just like Theo. She was a shy but an overall happy person.

She did have a bit of abandonment issues as she lost all her friends after coming out.

Some of her friends tried to be supportive but their parents kept them away from her, others maintained their distance because they were scared that someday Faith might grope them.

She had a few guy friends who would say things like,
"I can make you like guys" and "What a waste, guys can be all over you do you know that?"
Who she left behind as she didn't need this kind of energy in her life.

She wished that more people were aware of how much friend breakups hurt too but usually stayed alone with these feelings.

All her life she had Theo as her best friend and she was about to go into a new world.

A new world where everyone is an adult, and they know what they are doing and would not bully others just like kids do.

Faith had completed her bachelors in finance and had landed a job as a junior accountant in a startup in New York.
This meant that she had to pack up her life in Ohio and move all the way to New York.

Yeah it was the same country but in 22 years of her life, this was the first time she was moving away from her town, away from her family.

The anxiety kept kicking in every now and then and her parents or Theo or Ivory would help her to calm down and make her think about all the lovely things that would happen once she gets out of her comfort zone.

Tonight was her last night in her childhood bedroom. She was leaving tomorrow for New York and couldn't sleep even for a second.
She was extremely nervous to meet new people due to her past experiences with people of her age but was ready to step out and enter the world.

She was excited thinking about all the friends she would make and that people in New York would be more accepting of her than here.

She was nervous and excited to live alone, a space that she would decorate on her own and wouldn't have to share with anyone else.

She wanted to join dating apps and finally go on dates with women and start the process of finding her soulmate.

Nancy and Doug had decided to go to New York and help Faith settle down in her new apartment. Faith insisted that she didn't need any help but her parents were even more nervous to leave her alone.

She was 22 but was still pampered by her parents and honestly she didn't mind that because her parents never suffocated her with their love.

"Do you want to make nachos?", Theo barged into Faith's room at two in the morning.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, could you please knock", Faith pulled up her covers and glared at Theo.

"I knew you weren't sleeping. Get your ass up. We are making nachos" Theo went near her bed and picked her up.

Faith started punching Theo. She hated it when he did that and he loved it because it annoyed her.

"Put me down right now otherwise I am going to start screaming", Faith continued to punch his chest.

Theo stopped walking and put her down. He looked at Faith who's messy bun had gotten messier and she looked hilarious trying to intimidate him.

He then pulled her scrunchie out of her hair and ran downstairs to the kitchen where Ivory was quietly using her phone.

Faith ran downstairs, blood in her eyes ready to beat the shit out of him. She looked at Ivory who had no reaction towards this childish behaviour her boyfriend showed.

"You need to control your man", Faith almost screamed and sat next to Ivory.

"I'm sorry I guess I am at fault here. I told him to go and tease you", Ivory looked at Faith with remorse.

"What is wrong with you woman?", Faith felt betrayed.

"I am sorry okay. He was crying an hour ago and I told him to tease you so that he would feel better", Ivory blurted out making Theo immediately lose his smile.

"Hey, I told you not to tell her that", Theo spoke softly and then sat on the kitchen counter immediately losing all his energy.

Faith seemed to lose her anger and looked at Theo who now looked sad as he played with her Scrunchie in his hand.

She walked towards Theo and stood in front of him asking for a hug.

He got off the counter and hugged her baby sister a little too tightly tonight.

Faith began to get emotional and little drops of tears started flowing from her eyes.

Yes, she was nervous and it was a big step for her. But it was a big step for Theo too. He had been with her since the day she was born. Never left her alone, completed his bachelors in the same city, worked in the same city just so that he would be closer to her, to be there for her, to protect her.

"You guys are going to make me cry so stop this. Weren't you going to eat nachos? Let's do that", Ivory wiped her tears as she witnessed the lovely but sad moment between them.

Faith wiped her tears and smirked at Ivory and then looked at Theo who was also smirking.

"Our idea of midnight nachos is dipping doritos in a cheese dip", Theo spoke smugly.

"Why am I not surprised by this?", Ivory sat down again disappointed and continued to use her phone.