Chapter 16

Max was invited for a convention in LA for the weekend. He was supposed to bring few of his employees too with him and Faith was one of them. She was supposed to be pretty excited for this opportunity but all she could think about was, that this was going to be the first time she was going to stay away from Blake since they started dating.

"I think I'll tell Max that I won't be joining him", Faith whispered as they sat next to each other in the office.

"Don't be stupid babe. It's a nice convention, I went last year and you're going to like it", Blake replied.

"Yeah but I don't want to go without you", Faith whined.

Blake looked at Faith who was pouting like a five year old and started smiling.

"You will have fun, trust me and besides, we need to stay away from each other, we are always stuck to each other, some distance might be good", Blake winked.

Faith stopped pouting and punched Blake's arm lightly, she continued to work thinking that Blake might be completely fine when she leaves. Also, it was just for two days and it was going to be in LA, so she was okay with the idea of taking an all paid expense trip.

Faith, Jackson and few of her other coworkers along with Max left from the office itself, on a Friday evening.

Blake and Erica decided to have a girl's night since both of their partners had left.

After a few glasses of wine and unlimited gossiping about their workplace, Blake had started to feel a little relaxed and tipsy.

"So how are things with Jack and you?", Blake asked Erica.

"Oh...he's dreamy. He is the most beautiful soul I have ever met", Erica replied as her voice got squeaky when she spoke about him, "how about you? How's it with baby Faith?", Erica asked Blake.

Erica called Faith, "baby Faith", as she was their unofficial child when she had first moved to New York.

"I couldn't be happier", Blake replied simply and a bright smile spread across her face.

"Just look at you. I wouldn't have ever thought that I would see you this in love and be this happy. I am so proud of you", Erica wiped a tear that was rolling down her cheek.

Erica wasn't just tipsy but she was now drunk.

Blake smiled and continued to have fun with her but at the back of her mind all she could think about was Faith.

It kind of felt as if Faith was sitting right next to her. She never had gotten used to a person so quickly and never felt this longing for anyone else.

After sometime, both of them parted ways and Blake entered their apartment.

The complete silence in the house started to get louder every second. She suddenly had the urge to cry and wanted to call Faith but decided not to.

Just as she was kept her things and slumped into the couch, her phone rang.

"Hey baby. Did you have fun with Erica?", Faith chirped.

Blake started smiling instantly, and took a deep breath.

"Is everything okay?", Faith asked again with a little tension in her voice.

"I miss you", Blake spoke softly, hating to confess how she has been feeling.

"I miss you too my love. It's just been two hours, you will have to stay strong otherwise I'm coming home now", Faith spoke.

"No it's okay. I just haven't lived without you and now I don't know what it feels like", Blake spoke honestly.

"Oh don't worry. I will be in constant touch with you, you won't even know I'm gone", Faith assured her, "Anyway, I called you to let you know that we are boarding now so I'll speak to you later okay?"