Chapter 8

TW- ABUSE

Faith felt empty inside as she entered her apartment in New York.
The three days went by so quickly and before she knew it, she was again saying her goodbyes to her family.

Even though she was sad that she was back, she felt content after spending so much time with her family. It felt like an energy boost and was ready to face any challenges that came her way, whether it was Blake or her office.

The next day Faith entered the office and almost immediately Erica jumped on and hugged Faith tightly.

"Bitchhh I missed you", Erica screamed drawing everyone's attention towards them.

"I missed you too", Faith squealed and waved at her coworkers.

She noticed that Blake was staring at them and when Faith caught her, she immediately looked at her screen. Faith smiled and walked into Max's office to thank him for the leave.

She then went and sat next to Blake and placed her laptop and other things on the table.

"Welcome back", Blake whispered.

Faith looked at her in awe. She then smiled brightly and put her arm around Blake.

"Thank you, it's good to be back", Faith smiled and then pushed herself away from her.

It took every cell in Blake's body to not just get up and hug her tightly. When she saw Erica hug her, she felt almost jealous. She wanted to hug her and welcome her too.

Faith's ocean scent hit her like a truck and she wanted to keep smelling her as she nuzzled into her neck.

Blake immediately snapped out of her thoughts when she realised that she was staring at Faith who was staring back.

"You know, I cannot work if you stare at me like a creep", Faith smiled and then winked at her.

Blake stifled a smile and started working.

Faith was on a roll today. For the first time in her life she felt confident, she had completed all her work before her lunch break and technically had nothing to do after. The so called energy boost from her mini vacation was working and she was ready to take over the world.

Blake on the other hand could barely work, she was constantly distracted by her thoughts of hugging and kissing Faith.

Max came into the bullpen and stood next to Faith.

"You know what Faith? You're doing really great. If I ever see you slacking off again, I will send you back to Ohio and I am sure after that all my work will be completed", Max chuckled.

Faith grinned ear to ear and and thanked him again for the leave.

"Blake, why don't you come into my office. Had to return a few files to you", Max spoke to Blake and walked away.

Blake sat down in his office and started to feel anxious.

"I noticed the red marks on your neck the day before yesterday. They aren't visible anymore, but I'm thinking it's makeup", Max spoke softly.

Blake's heart immediately dropped. She kept looking at her shoes and started to peel off the skin of her lips.

"Why don't you move out?", Max asked.

Blake looked at him and genuinely did not know what to say. Max got to know about Blake's abusive mother when 6 months ago Blake came into the office with a cut on her lip.

"You can go home if you feel distracted or you can stay in a hotel if you don't feel safe at home. I will pay for it don't worry", Max got out his chair and sat next to Blake.