Chapter 14

Blake was a little teary eyed as she bid farewell to Faith's family. They accepted her so graciously and she was definitely going to miss them and the comfort she felt with them.

She was also excited to go back to New York and officially live with her girlfriend.

Yes, girlfriend. Faith and Blake had officially started dating and she couldn't be happier. She felt that things moved a little too quickly with her moving in, but Faith assured her that nothing would go wrong.

"Why don't you pay the driver, till then I will take the bags upstairs", Faith smiled and kissed Blake on the cheek as she left.

Faith reached upstairs and saw a woman standing at her doorstep. She looked shabby, and smelled of weed. Her hair was dirty and she had similar eyes to Blake.

Faith recognised the woman and stood there calmly.

"You must be Judy", Faith fake smiled.

"Where's Blake?", Judy shivered.

Faith texted Blake to stay down so she doesn't have to face her mom again.

Blake saw the text and thought to herself that Faith might be surprising her with a special entry to her house as a girlfriend. She smiled and waited down patiently.

"She's not here", Faith crossed her arms.

"That's her bag", Judy grunted as she pointed at Blake's bag.

"Yeah, but she is not here", Faith replied calmly.

Judy removed a gun from her pocket and pointed it at Faith. Faith lost her calm demeanour and started to breathe abnormally, sweat beads forming on her forehead.

"I will kill you, bitch. Where the fuck is my daughter?", Judy raised her voice.

"Judy, she really is not here", Faith spoke calmly and raised her hand in defense.

"MOM! DROP THAT GUN RIGHT NOW!", Blake screamed as she walked upstairs and saw her mother pointing a gun at Faith.

"Ah! There you are. You haven't come home sweetheart. Come on, let's go home", Judy smiled and put the gun back into her pocket.

"I'm not coming with you. Leave us alone", Blake spoke as she stared at her mother.

"Don't make me repeat myself", Judy spoke calmly and walked towards Blake.

She stood in front of Blake and stared at her too. Usually at this time, Blake loses and does what her mother asks her to do but not this time. This time she wasn't going to back down, she knew she had Faith with her and felt strong enough to face her mother.

Judy also noticed this weird confidence in her and decided to break it. She raised her hand to hit her but was interrupted as Faith immediately grabbed her hand from behind and with a swift movement pinned her down, and put her hands on her back.

"Don't you dare touch her again", Faith growled.

Judy tried to move and get herself free but couldn't do anything as she was strongly pinned against the floor.

Suddenly there was a lot of commotion as all of them heard multiple footsteps climbing up the stairs.

The police had reached their apartment and immediately got into action.

Faith got up and moved away as the police put handcuffs on Judy. She looked at Blake confused but Blake did not show any emotions. She watched her mother as she struggled and screamed about her innocence.

"You are dead to me", Blake whispered to her mother and stood next to Faith and held her arm tightly as she saw her mother crying and walking away with the police.