Chapter 2 - Reincarnation

Mo Village, 13 years later: Reincarnation 

"Wei WuXian received a kick just as he opened his eyes. A voice thundered beside his ear, "Stop playing dead!" The kick threw him backwards, headfirst onto the ground. Fighting the urge to vomit, a thought formed in his head— that's quite a lot of courage you have to kick me, the Patriarch."

The juniors made 'oooh!' sounds.
"Is this just after you were reincarnated, Senior Wei? Ouch- that kick must've hurt. Who do they think they are?!"

However, Wei Wuxian was more alarmed about something else.
"Hey! How can it know my thoughts?? Why is it letting everyone know what I'm thinking!"
The moving pictures were strange - but this! It was unheard of! What god-like power can the ability to pluck thoughts from someone's head and play them out so that half the cultivation world could hear them? Surely this was a bit too rude??

Lan Zhan patted Wei Wuxian's hand sympathetically. Many people privately were thinking, "This is going to be interesting..."

"Whose land do you think you're living on? Whose rice are you eating? Whose money are you spending? What's wrong with taking a few of your belongings? Everything you own should be mine, anyways!"
Aside from this adolescent, duck-like voice, there were the clunks of ransacking chests and smashing objects as well.

Most of the cultivators looked at the fat, rat-faced Mo Ziyuan in distaste.
"Who is that unpleasant boy..."

"Treating others like that!"

"Deserves a good old beating!"

While the Lan disciples who had been there at Mo Village knew Mo Ziyuan's unfortunate fate, they still couldn't make themselves feel too sorry for him.
"Hey!" Jingyi turned to Sizhui. "Do you think we'll turn up on this thing too?"
It was a highly interesting prospect, to be able to re-watch the events of the night from an outsider's perspective. Sizhui wondered if he would see something he didn't notice before. It would certainly be entertaining now that he knew the 'lunatic' was actually Senior Wei.

As Wei Wuxian's eyes gradually cleared up, a dimly-lit ceiling appeared in his sight, followed by a slant-browed person with a sickly composition, drenching him with spittle, "How dare you tell Father and Mother? Did you really think that anybody in this house is going to listen to you? You actually thought I was scared of you!"
A few servant-like hunks shifted over, "Young Master, everything is smashed!"
The young master seemed to be quite pleased, poking Wei WuXian forcefully on the nose, "You dared to tell on me, and look at you now, playing dead on the ground! For whom? Wei WuXian thought wearily. I'm not pretending to be dead at all, since I've actually been dead for a couple of years. Who is this? Where am I? When did I do something as immoral as stealing another's body?

Most of the other cultivators were wondering why Wei Wuxian's thoughts didn't seem to be so vicious and bloodthirsty. And he didn't steal another's body because he thought it was immoral? That was new.

Jingyi was seriously resisting the urge to jump up and throw something at Mo Ziyuan's enlarged face. He had to remind himself several times that we would probably soon be able to see Mo Ziyuan die painfully to calm himself down.

Mostly though, the juniors found it amusing how confused Wei Wuxian was, compared to his normally very confident self.

A bronze mirror rested on the side, probably thrown onto the ground. Wei WuXian grabbed it and looked into the mirror, only to see a ghastly pale face, with two asymmetrical piles of red on each side of his cheek. Add a blood-red tongue onto the features, and he would look like a hanged ghost. He tossed the mirror to the side and wiped his face, finding his hand covered with white powder.