Chapter 3 - Aggression

Wei WuXian wanted to wash his face to gaze upon the face of his body's owner after death, but there wasn't any water in the room, not even for drinking or washing. The only basin-like container was probably, he suspected, for lavatory purposes instead of cleansing. He pushed the door, but it was fastened with a latch, probably to prevent him from wandering outside. None of these things made him feel the joy of reincarnation at all! He figured that he might as well sit in the Lotus position and get used to his new home. Time flew by, and the day had passed. When he opened his eyes, sunlight seeped inside from the gaps of the door and windows. Although he could stand up and walk around, his still felt lightheaded. Wei WuXian was puzzled, Mo XuanYu's amount spiritual powers are insignificant enough to be ignored, so there shouldn't be a reason as to why I can't control this body properly. Why doesn't it work? Then, a noise came from his stomach, and he realised that this wasn't related to his spiritual powers at all. In fact, it was because this body had not practised inedia, and felt hunger. If he didn't scavenge for food, he might become the first villainous ghoul who starved to death upon arrival.

This time, a lot of cultivators couldn't suppress their laughter.
"Starved to death?? He really is a drama queen, isn't he?"
"Hahaha why is he sprawled over the floor, face down like that?"

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, "He's always been like that, complains about everything, especially food!"

Lan Zhan suddenly remembered a time where he and Wei Ying had huddled on the floor of a cave together for seven days, without food or water. Wei Ying really had complained a lot about being hungry. He felt a warm bulb of fondness for his dear demonic cultivator flower in his chest, mentally reminding himself to feed his wife up more.

Someone stomped on the door and grunted, "It's mealtime!" The servant outside shouted again, "Chop-chop! What are you waiting for? Take the bowl out after you finish!" There were two dishes and one serving of rice, which looked quite unpleasant. Wei WuXian played with the pair of chopsticks that were stuck into the rice, feeling quite bitter. The YiLing Patriarch had just returned to the mortal world, but the first thing he came upon was a kick and a scolding, not to mention the leftovers that served as his welcoming-meal. Where was the blood and gore? The ruthless slaughter? The absolute destruction?

"Did I really think that?", Wei Wuxian muttered to himself, rather guiltily. "Ah, well, you can't blame me for being bored after 13 years of nothing!"

"Well well! Your thoughts betray you, Wei Wuxian!" Sec Leader Yao crowed triumphantly, "So bloodthirsty, the first thing you think of after you get resurrected is ruthless slaughter! Typical, typical..."

Most of the cultivators ignored his commentary, however, too engrossed in the story unfolding in front of them.

Currently, the two servants outside, A-Tong and A-Ding were quarrelling about their chores

A-Tong complained, "Delivering his meal is not the only work I do! How can you dare to go outside these days? With so many walking corpses out there, everyone's locking themselves in their houses."
Wei WuXian squatted by the door and listened while eating. It appeared to be that, ever since a while ago, the Mo Village hadn't been peaceful. Walking corpses, like their name, were dead people who could move, a type of low-level altered corpse. Unless the deceased person held strong resentment, they were usually dull-eyed and sluggish. However, to Wei WuXian, they were the most obeying puppets. When he heard them being mentioned, he even felt a sense of familiarity.

Wei Wuxian shrugged at the judgemental glares being shot at him from all directions. "What? It's true."

After listening to the light banter between the servants for a few minutes, Wei Wuxian finally lost his patience and kicked the door open, startling the wits out of A-Ding and A-Tong, who immediately tried to save face by attempting to shoo him away, like he was a dog. Wei WuXian gave A-Tong a light kick, knocking him over, and laughed, "How daring of a mere errand-running child to humiliate others like this."
With that, he headed towards the commotion in the east. Quite a lot of people crowded in and around the East Hall. "A member from the younger generations of our family used to be a cultivator as well..."
It must have been Madam Mo trying to make connections with the cultivation family again.
Wei WuXian didn't wait for her to finish speaking, and quickly hustled through the crowd, into the hall, and grinned, "I'm coming, I'm coming. Right here!"