New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /27/

Okay guys, here's a new one! I have something a little sexy at the end, so I hope you like it! ;) I think many of you will! I will appreciate it so much if you guys drop some comments, especially with this chapter. I really do love reading them, and it makes me want to write that much faster. Sound off in the comments below: Team Caleb or Team Jace? Let me know! Thanks, and please rate and enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What the hell do you think you’re doing?

I felt as if I were a child, caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Shit. Inhaling sharply, I cautiously glanced up to see Caleb. I could feel this edge radiating off him, and it unnerved me. He seems…upset.

Okay, really upset.

“I….um…” I stuttered, not being able to form coherent words. Within the blink of an eye, he was standing in front of me, which caused me to drop the wooden box in shock.

Caleb is pissed; I can see it all over his face as he towered over me. Oh god.

“Why are you in my god damn room?” He all but spat, and I swallowed hard as I shakily stood. His eyes held this deep intensity, and a look I had never seen before.

It scared me. A lot.

“I just needed…to know.” I finished softly, not even wanting to attempt to explain why I was snooping in his bedroom. “And I do know. About everything.”

He shifted slightly, snatching his box up from the floor and clutching it tightly. It was obvious that he was protective of it. I am such a horrible person, what was I thinking digging through his stuff?

“So you go through my personal belongings, to confirm something? Is that what you’re telling me?” His voice held heaviness, a tone that seemed threatening. Against…me.

I paused for a moment. “She was beautiful.” I said, completely ignoring his question. “I could see why you were so taken with her.”

At first he seemed to not understand what I was talking about, or perhaps he was trying to ignore it. But slowly the realization hit, and that’s when things got intense.

Before I had a chance to speak, let alone breathe, he had me against the wall. His body pressed firmly against my own, and his eyes burned with emotion. Yet unlike earlier tonight, the feeling I got wasn’t of passion…it was of rage.

“Don’t say another word.” He growled, to which I could feel my body tremble in response. “You don’t know a damn thing Melinda, do you hear me? Don’t even talk about her, or I swear I’ll…”

My anger slowly took over my fear. “Or you’ll what, Caleb? What are you going to do? Threaten me? That’s not who you are.”

“You don’t even know me!” He all but yelled in my face, as I cowered back slightly. “Melinda I am not this white knight that you want me to be. I have shit that I’ve done, and I can’t be the man you deserve.”

I gazed at him harshly. “White knight? Are you kidding me? I don’t need a god damn savior Caleb, I’m fine on my own. I just want you to be honest and open with me. You know everything about my life, and I barely know a thing about yours.” I stated passionately.

His face moved closer towards my own, and he seemed more…animalistic. Like the predator he really was. “Maybe I don’t want you to know about me, did you ever think of that?” He questioned, his voice dark.

I took a sharp breath, pushing against him. “Let me go, Caleb.” I said through gritted teeth. He didn’t move, so I narrowed my eyes. “Get out of my fucking way!” I exclaimed, as I attempted to shove him.