New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /17/

2 Days Later

Music.

Something deep and haunting greeted my ears as I laid in bed, my eyes slowly fluttering open. I was confused as to what was happening, as I let out a soft yawn. I glanced at the clock, and saw that it read 3 in the morning.

Rubbing my eyes, I stood up out of bed, putting on a black silk robe that hung over the chair beside my bed. The room Jace gave me was beautiful, though I hate to admit it. It had such a classic feel, yet was modern. Deep violet sheets brushed against my bare legs, as I stood up.

Tying my robe, I silently crept towards my door, pushing it open and walking out into the chilly hallway. The music seemed to be coming from a room at the end, as I slowly followed the beautiful sound. It sounded like Mozart’s “Lacrimosa.”

It’s been two days, and Jace has given me some space. Ever since we almost…kissed, he’s been distant. Not forcing anything on me, and allowing me some time to process everything. Which is great, but I just am shocked. I kind of expected him to be more pushy and forceful. I’m so surprised at everything.

To be honest he’s been nothing but nice to me, and really the only times I’ve seen him is at dinner. He likes to try and talk to me, but I’m not letting him in really. I don’t know what to do, or if I can forgive him ever. I’m just so confused, and my brain is going into overdrive with all the thoughts I’ve been having.

But this music certainly was relaxing me.

I don’t know why it woke me up, but it truly was lovely. Whoever was playing had such heart and soul in it, as I finally came to the door. I noticed the flickering of candles as I neared the entrance, and saw someone sitting at a grand piano, their back towards me.

Almost afraid to interrupt, I neared the figure, and was shocked when I realized it was Jace. He didn’t even seem to notice me, as he continued to play so gracefully. His long, thin fingers looked as though they were dancing across the keys, and I could tell he was deeply connected to the song he was playing.

I was about to speak, when Jace stopped suddenly. He turned his head slightly, as I inhaled sharply. “Am I disturbing you?” He finally said slowly.

I shook my head. “Not at all. I just…I heard you playing, and it sounded amazing. I just wanted to see what the noise was, that’s all. I hope I didn’t interrupt you.”

I heard him chuckle softly. “No, I play as a way to escape. It’s soothing to me. Ever since I was a little boy, I would play the piano, and all my problems and worries would subside. It’s quite calming.”

I licked my lips. “Well you’re very good. Was that Lacrimosa?” I questioned to him, as I moved a bit closer to him.

He appeared impressed. “Yes. It’s my favorite. I see you’re a fan of Mozart, or at least know his music. He was an extremely gifted composer. I wish I could be as outstanding as he was.”

I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. “Well I think you play beautifully. I never learned an instrument, though I kind of wish I did. I’m surprised my parents didn’t force me to or anything, seeing as they always tried to keep me so busy.”

He dropped his hands for a moment. “That sounds terrible Melinda.”

I let out a quiet laugh. “It wasn’t so bad. I was use to being alone, and away from them. It’s fine. And anyways, it’s not like they’re my real parents or anything. That’s why I never felt a connection to them and….” I stopped myself. Why was I sharing this with him? I don’t need to open up.