New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /19/

“Melinda, would you please come out? I need to speak to you. Quit ignoring me.” I could hear Jace on the other side of my bedroom door, but I refrained from going to answer it. I couldn’t talk to him right now, after seeing what he did to that man last night, I just couldn’t.

I didn’t say anything, and I could hear him shuffling on the other side. I had a feeling he was growing impatient with me, but right now I didn’t care. “Fine, barricade yourself in there. But you know you’ll have to come out eventually.” I heard him say with a grumble.

As I heard his footsteps disappear, I let out a sigh. I kind of feel bad ignoring him, yet I don’t think I can face him. Seeing that side of Jace made me second guess everything that’s been between us. All those feelings I’ve been getting…I have to take into consideration what I’ve seen from him. I understand in some weird and twisted way, he did it for me. But I just…I can’t accept that kind of violent behavior.

It didn’t really hit me until now that I really do miss Caleb. A lot. I wonder what he and Nick are doing, if they’re going to let this play out or try and be Batman and Robin or something. I just don’t know.

But then again, I don’t know what I want them to do. Jace is bad, I know this. He has a dark past and even darker side to him. But knowing all that, I can’t deny that I have developed some…feelings towards him. I just don’t get anything anymore. I know he’s done some messed up things, and what he did to my parents is unforgivable. Yet, I still can’t help but feel some pull towards him.

Ugh, I’m so confused.

I laid back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. Maybe if I just hide in here everyone will forget about me and leave me alone. I wouldn’t get that lucky though.

I don’t know how much time passed, but there was an abrupt knock at the door, which caused me to jump. Sitting up quickly, I furrowed my brows. “Jace I’m not coming out,” I stated stubbornly. “So you might as well just give up now.”

There was a pause. “It’s Leonard, Miss Melinda. Would you please open the door?” I let out a sigh, as I stood up and headed towards my bedroom door. Slowly I answered it, as I saw Leonard’s warm face staring back at me. “Sorry for the interruption miss. But Master Jace insists that you meet him outside in the garden. I know you’re angry at him, but I haven’t seen him this upset in a long time. Would you please join him?”

I hesitated, as I bit my lip. Jace was upset? Well I knew he was frustrated with me, but I just don’t know if I can look at him right now. “Leonard I’m very sorry, but I’m just not up for a visit with Jace,” I answered slowly. “I hope you understand.”

He nodded his head knowingly. “I figured as much, Miss Melinda. Would you like anything for supper? You haven’t eaten anything since morning.” Leonard was right, and judging by my growling stomach, I needed to eat something.

I took in his weary expression, noticing the bags forming beneath his eyes. He looked like he was in dire need of rest. “That would be lovely, but I’ll get it myself. You take the night off, and catch up on some sleep.” Leonard began to object, but I shook my head. “Jace will not be angry, if he is you tell him I said you could leave early. I’m sure that will settle any confusion.”

I knew I didn’t really have any right, but I had a feeling Jace would be in the mood to please me, and start working to get back in my good graces. “Thank you, Miss Melinda. I am exhausted, you have no idea how greatly I appreciate it.”

I smiled warmly. “Of course, have a good evening Leonard.” As he bowed and turned to leave, I stopped him once more. “And Leonard, just call me Melinda. No miss. It‘s way too formal.” I added with a laugh.