New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /15/

“Are you going to wake her up? I mean, she hasn’t moved for like a day. What if she’s dead?” I heard a voice question faintly. “Should we like…poke her or something?”

There was a pause. “If she’s dead I say good riddance.” Another voice retorted, which caused a soft outburst among the first.

“You’re such a bitch.” Okay, that was definitely Nick. I know that for a fact. I really did want to open my eyes, but I just couldn’t. They felt so heavy, and every part of my body felt weak.

“The vile was strong, but she’s alright. It knocked her out for a while.” Caleb. I could recognize his voice no matter what. He sounded calm and collected, which was reassuring. “Let me see if I can wake her.”

I could hear shuffling. “Wait, how about me? I have many things I’d like to do to her before she wakes up. Come on Caleb, help a brother out.” I heard a snap, and then a groan from Nick.

“You didn’t have to punch me.” He whined, as I began to try and open my eyes once more. I felt something gently touch my forehead, as I was able to finally awaken. The whole room was blurry, as I vigorously blinked.

“You’re alive!” I heard Nick exclaim, as he moved in front of me. “Damn girl you’ve been sleeping for a whole day! We were beginning to think you were in a coma or something.”

If only.” I heard Amelia mutter under her breath. I sent her a glare, which she gladly returned. “Look, all I’m saying is she’s more trouble than she’s worth.”

I rolled my eyes at her. “SHE is sitting right here. Hate to break it to you, but I’m not going anywhere. So you might as well get over it.”

I could feel the loathing and disgust radiate off her, as I shook my head. “How do you feel?” Caleb questioned, as he moved beside me. I took a deep breath, as I sat up slowly.

“I’m alright, everything’s a little fuzzy but other than that I feel fine.” I answered. “What time is it? I feel like I’ve been sleeping forever.”

“It’s 8 at night.” Nick said, as he walked towards the door. “The perfect time to go feed. I’m starving and I need a snack.” I shot him a weary look, which caused him to smirk. “Relax, I’ll hunt for little bunnies instead.”

My eyes widened. “No! Don’t hurt an innocent animal!” I exclaimed quickly, as I jerked up. That was a mistake to do, as I clutched my head.

“Calm down will you? You’re weak and we don’t need you hurting yourself even more.” Caleb stated, slightly annoyed by my behavior. Awe…he was worried about me. This made me feel good for some strange reason.

He chuckled. “Well, I either hunt Bugs Bunny or a human, your choice.” He stated with a grin. “Or if you don’t mind, I could always use you as….”

Not. Happening.” Caleb snapped icily, which made Nick pout.

“Fine….you always ruin all of my fun. But I’m going to go out and getting something to eat, I’ll be back later.”

Amelia was next to speak up. “Yes…I need to feed as well. I’m feeling weak and need my strength. I’m tired of babysitting her too.” She added coolly, which I responded by rolling my eyes at her. “Caleb, you need to eat. You haven’t in a long time. You’ll need the energy for your journey.”

I stared up at Caleb. “She’s right. You need to go and do what you have to. I’m fine now, so go on. I don’t want to have to worry about you Caleb.”

He looked hesitant. “I know I need to, but I don’t want to leave you here alone.” Caleb replied back, as he gazed down at me gently. I couldn’t help but smile, as he worried about me. It really was cute.