New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /29/

Oh my gosh, you guys are amazing! Over 1,000 views in a week! That is awesome! :) Thank you so much for the votes and feedback, it means the world to me! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and let me know what you think! A new character will be introduced, so tell me what you think! I love comments and votes, and it makes me update that much quicker! Thanks, and enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes slowly fluttered open, as I let out a gentle yawn. Moving slightly, I stretched in bed and instinctively reached over for Jace. Yet his side of the bed was empty. Furrowing my brows, I sat up and glanced around the room.

Sunshine glistened through the curtains, as I wondered where he was at so early in the day.

I was surprised when I found a delicious tray of food perched carefully on the night stand beside me. There was an omelet, bacon, toast, fresh strawberries and even orange juice. A single red rose lay beside it all, causing my stomach to do a somersault.

It all looked so mouth-watering, as I immediately reached over to take a sip of juice. I loved that he took the time to do the little things.

As I did, I came across a note in Jace's handwriting. Eat everything on the plate Melinda, you need to get your strength up. Take a bath and relax for a bit, then meet me in the courtyard. See you soon. -Jace

I smiled a little, a warm sensation overcoming me at the thought of Jace worrying over me. It's quite amazing, how one person can make you turn to mush with such a simple gesture.

But he did not need to tell me twice about eating everything. After last night, I was starving. I guess sex really is a workout. Quickly I annihilated my food, as my hunger became satisfied.

Standing up, I realized I was a bit sore from everything and that a warm bath sounded lovely. Moving towards the bathroom, I was pleasantly surprised to see the room full of lit candles and a plush white towel waiting for me. It looked so soothing, as I began to draw a bath and add bubbles.

I felt so different.

It was as if I was no longer a naïve girl, but rather a strong and independent woman. It was an invigorating feeling, and it made me feel...powerful.

Slowly lowering myself into the warm water, I let out a sigh of relaxation. It was just the right temperature, and I could feel every muscle in my body loosen up. I closed my eyes, thinking of everything that happened.

The way Jace touched me, and how his lips felt against mine. I didn't even know it was possible to have so much desire and longing in your heart. I know that perhaps it is wrong to love him; hell I know it is.

But you can't help who you fall in love with.

I can't ignore this pull that I have towards him, and how alive I feel when I am simply in his presence. The way he smirks, and how his dark eyes glisten with an intensity I never knew existed. An intensity and love for me.

Bringing my hand up to my neck, I traced the spot where Jace had bit me. I didn't feel anything there. He probably healed it like he did my finger when we were in the kitchen that night. God, vampires are amazing creatures.

I know it may be odd, but I didn't regret letting him do that either. It was the closet I ever felt to anyone, and I felt safe in his presence. I knew in my heart he would keep control, and he wouldn't hurt me. I gave myself completely to Jace, and...I'm happy about it.

This is what I am meant to do.

I dipped down into the water, holding it there for a moment as I opened my eyes. As I did so, I was shocked to see a dark figure emerge in the corner of the room. Swiftly I resurfaced, wiping my eyes and gazing forward quickly.