New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /1/

This is it. My senior year of high school. A time in one's life where, you're staring your future in the eyes, and in a sense preparing to leave your childhood behind, and really become an adult.

It's also scary as hell.

Having to venture out into the great unknown, facing the world and trying to create a name for yourself, isn't easy. Which is why I'm going to enjoy every aspect of my senior year.

All the raves, skipping classes, hanging with friends, road trips, the whole shebang. I mean why not? I've worked my ass off all throughout high school, so I think it's fair that I reward myself. This is my time.

"Mel are you ready? Hello?" I blinked a few times, snapping out of my daze. "You totally just spaced out there for a second."

I shook my head. "Sorry. Just thinking about how awesome this school year's going to be." I told Gwen, my best friend since 2nd grade. Her hazel eyes glistened as I said this.

"I know right! I'm so excited! This is going to be the best time of our lives!" She exclaimed, as she flipped her raven black hair over her shoulder. "Let's get this show on the road!"

I laughed as I slid inside the passenger seat of her Jeep. "I'm pumped!" I nearly squealed, as she put the key in the ignition and pulled out of my driveway.

Our hair blew in the wind as the warm California sun beamed down on us. I brushed a strand of my ginger hair behind my ear, smiling at Gwen. "So you did hear the news didn't you?" I raised my eyebrows. "About Ms. Fields?"

Slowly I shook my head. "No...what are you talking about?" I questioned.

So Ms. Fields was a complete and utter bitch, and that's putting it mildly. It's like she dedicated her whole life to making mine a living hell. I can't tell you how many times I prayed she'd get hit by a bus, or struck by lighting.

"Apparently she met a guy." I made a face. Gross. "No it's true. She liked him so much, that she went and moved to Texas with him, and apparently they eloped. So....that means no more Ms. Fields!" She stated with a huge grin.

"How do you even know this?" I asked her skeptically. No way in hell was I going to be able to get rid of her just like that. I'm not that lucky.

"It pays off when your dad's a member of the town committee." She told me matter-of-factly. I smiled giddily.

"THANK YOU JESUS!" I all but screamed. Gwen started to laugh. "That woman was Hitler reincarnated! I swear to god!" I said, as West Side High came into view. "This year is going to be a piece of cake when now that she's gone."

"And word is, there's this incredibly hot new guy taking her place." I snorted.

"Gwen, going after a teacher? Really?" I said, as we pulled into a parking spot. "That's horrible." I grabbed my bag, getting out of the car.

"Not if he's yummy, which I heard he was." She retorted, following behind me.

"So, isn't that like, illegal or something?" I stopped for a second, totally grossed out by this conversation.

She giggled. "Only if you get caught." I smacked her with my purse, laughing as well. We headed up the walkway, greeting familiar faces and exchanging hellos as we did so.

I immediately froze when I saw my ex-boyfriend walking towards our direction. "Shit! Gwen hide me!" I exclaimed, as I did a complete 180. She let out a sigh, pulling me into a hallway.

She shot me a parental glance. "You know you're going to have to talk to him eventually. You can't keep hiding from him." I groaned, knowing she was right.