New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /8/

"Caleb?" My voice seemed to echo into the darkness, as I pressed my palms against the hallway walls. "What's going on? I can't see anything." I walked towards his bedroom door, as I grasped the handle.

I pushed it open, as I slowly crept inside. "Caleb I can't sleep and your house is pitch black in here." I murmured, as I slowly walked towards his bed.

His figure was visible, as he laid on top of his comforter. "Gosh for a vampire you're awfully deaf. I thought you had good senses?" I stated, laughing a little as I poked his form. "Wake up please. I need to talk to you."

He didn't move, and with a groan I shook him. He moved slightly, as he began to sit up. I rolled my eyes. "Jeez it's about time you got up Caleb, I've been calling your name for---"

I let out a shriek, as I realized the man laying on the bed was not Caleb. No, he was dark haired, with matching dark eyes and was very tall in height. I jerked away from him, as my back hit the wall.

Before I could cry out for help, the man was in front of me, his gaze piercing through me. "Well hello there beautiful." The man said in a smooth and silky voice. My eyes widened as he became more visible.

He was, well for lack of better words, gorgeous. His pale skin seemed to glow in the darkness, as his deep eyes locked with my gaze. I gulped, and couldn't even speak if I tried.

"They've done a good job hiding you, but now I know where you are." I shivered as he brushed a strand of my hair out of my face. His cold fingertips grazed my skin, as I took a deep breath.

"I'll scream." I threatened, as I glanced around the room, desperately searching for Caleb. "And then Caleb will come and kick your...ass." I stuttered.

His expression hardened. "Not if I kill him first."

I gasped, as my heartbeat quickened. "NO! Caleb! Help me! Caleb!"

I jerked awake, as I sat up in bed. The room was pitch black around me, and I let out a small cry when a figure stood in front of me. "Get away!" I exclaimed, as I backed away from him.

"Melinda calm down it's me, Caleb!" I heard a familiar voice say. I took a deep breath, as I felt a pair of strong arms grab onto me. "It's alright you were just having a nightmare."

I exhaled sharply, as I focused more closely on Caleb. When I did, I immediately blushed. He was...shirtless. Worry filled his eyes, as he slowly released me. "I'm...sorry. I was just having a bad dream I guess."

Caleb nodded. "I can see that. Tell me about it." He sat down in front of me, his attention locked solely on me. I sighed, as I ran a hand through my hair.

"It was...nothing. I'm totally fine now." No, I felt embarrassed about the whole situation. Me acting like a child just because I had a nightmare.

Caleb rolled his eyes. "Obviously it was not nothing. Now tell me Melinda or I will force you too." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh yeah? And how do you think you'll force me to?" I demanded to know.

His gaze remained just as hard as mine. "I have my ways. Now....what was your dream about? Why were you upset?"

I groaned. "Dammit Caleb if you must know I had a dream with you in it!" I exclaimed, and immediately my eyes widened at how I sounded. Caleb looked a little shocked by my outburst. "Not like that!" I quickly covered.

He chuckled. "Just tell me what you had a nightmare of Melinda."

I sighed. "Well, I dreamt I was walking down your hall in the dark, and I was looking for you so I went to your bedroom. You wouldn't wake up at all, so I shook you and then...." My voice trailed off.