New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /18/

“Let. Her. Go.”

The man grasped onto me tightly, and I could feel the panic radiating off of him. I tried to move, but he squeezed me harshly, which caused me to wince in response. My heart was beating madly in my chest, as I anticipated what would happen next.

“If you want to live, release her right now before I slaughter you.” Jace’s voice was cold, and danger lingered in his tone. It chilled me to the bone, as I nervously glanced into his eyes.

I nearly gasped, as I saw just how dark they had become. They were almost black. “I’ll kill her before you have the chance to.” The man replied finally, though I could hear fear. “And she smells so…good.”

I could see Jace growing extremely angry by the second. “I will rip your heart from your chest before you move an inch. I am centuries older than you, and you are a newborn. I overpower you in every way, and I am your leader. Now let her go, before my patience wears completely thin.”

I gulped, as I tried to see what the man would do next. “You’ll kill me.” The guy said defensively.

Jace let out a dry laugh. “Yes…more than likely I will. But obey, and I may reconsider.” My eyes widened as I felt the man shuffle, and hold onto me even tighter than before.

“You’re hurting me.” I said, as I wiggled once more.

“Shut up!” The man hissed in reply, clearly not giving a damn. He turned his attention back to Jace, who looked pissed at how he was speaking to me. “And is that suppose to be reassuring?” He demanded haughtily, as he slowly brought his face closer to my neck. My whole body froze as he did this, as I attempted to keep myself composed. “How about just a little taste…”

Before I even knew what was happening, I felt myself stumble, as Jace held the man by the throat. I gasped, as his eyes flickered in mine for a moment. Wow. He moves extremely quick. “Are you alright Melinda?” He asked slowly, and I nodded. “Good. I will be back, you stay here.”

He disappeared with the man, as I let out a sigh of relief. Oh my god. Where did that man even come from? Jace was so scary, the way he spoke to the guy. He’s extremely protective, and I…well, kind of like it. I know I shouldn’t really, but I do.

I was actually afraid of what the “newborn” was going to do. He could have killed me. I mean my life was in danger, and I have a feeling that’s how it’s always going to be.

I heard movement, as Jace emerged on the terrace suddenly. I stared at him silently, as he made his way towards me. “Are you sure you’re okay? I apologize for you having to deal with that, newborns can be very unstable and wild at times. But know that I would never let anything happen to you. Do you understand me?”

His eyes were burning into me, as I reluctantly met his gaze. “I know…and I’m fine.” I watched as he gathered my hands in his, clutching them. He was very cool, but it felt good against my hot skin.

“You’re trembling.” Jace murmured, as I realized that he was right. I was shaking slightly, as I attempted to control it. Wow, that must have worked me up more than I thought. “I’m sorry that our date was interrupted.” He apologized slowly.

I shrugged a little. “It’s okay, just wasn’t expecting that.” I said absentmindedly. As I did, I watched as a smirk formed across his features. I furrowed my brows in confusion. “What?”

“You didn’t correct me when I said this was a date.” He stated proudly. This caused me to scoff, and roll my eyes at him.

“Well if this was a “date”, it was a pretty lousy one at that.” I retorted, annoyed that I was so stupid and didn’t even stop to notice he had indeed said that.