New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /24/

Okay, here is a new chapter! I'm sorry for the delay, it's just life has been very hectic. But I have a lot more spare time now, and I am going to dedicate myself to updating my stories. Just hound me a little to get my ass going! ;) But really, I hope you like this chapter. A lot of you wanted some Caleb time, so here it is! Please comment and message me, it really does inspire me and I WILL get things out quicker! And let met know who you're feeling: Jace or Caleb. I love them both!Thanks, and enjoy the chapter!

                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“She’s not safe here anymore. For god sakes she was shot because of you!” A rather angry voice slowly awakened me from my deep slumber, yet I didn’t have the strength to open my eyes.

Everything seemed fuzzy, as I tried to remember where I was and what was going on. The party. Cameron and his vampire hunters. A gun.

Oh my god. I was shot.

The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Gently I tried to move my body, as a slight pain in my abdomen caused me to stop. “You best remember who you are speaking to, Caleb. Or perhaps you would like me to remind you?” I could distinctively make out Caleb and Jace’s voices.

My damn eyes wouldn’t open; they felt so heavy as I attempted to awaken fully.

“Awe, can’t we all just get along?” There was a third voice, which belonged to none-other than Nick.

Shut up Nickolas!” Jace and Caleb snapped in unison. That almost made me laugh, because Nick was never serious in any situation.

There was a pause. “All I’m saying is that Melinda is not safe here. She needs to be hidden, because those hunters will come back. And if they can’t hurt you, they damn sure will hurt her. And next time, she won’t be so lucky.”

A loud scowl was emitted, as I finally forced my eyes open. It was dim in the room, as I blinked a few times in an attempt to gain my focus. I was lying down in my bed, as I let out a gentle cough.

Within an instant, all three had their eyes glued to me. “You’re awake.” I heard Caleb mutter, as he appeared right in front of me. I smiled a little, happy to see the relief on his face. “We didn’t know when you’d come to.”

I swallowed, my throat feeling dry. “How long have I been asleep?” I questioned slowly, though it couldn’t have been too long. They were still in their tuxedos, and thankfully I was not in my dress.

Wow, that beautiful dress that Jace had obviously spent time choosing for me, was ruined. By…my blood.

“12 hours.” Jace answered for Caleb, which caused him to glare back at Jace. He moved beside me, creating wedge between Caleb and I. “You had lost a lot of blood, so it we were paranoid wondering when you’d wake up.”

I raised my eyebrows. “How did I…I mean what did you guys do to save me?” I asked them, my question directed at no one in particular.

Caleb had a look of pure resentment and anger on his face as I spoke. I looked around, confused. “Well, we sort of had to give you a…transfusion so to speak.” Jace answered slowly.

“Which means what, exactly?” I pried gently.

Caleb jumped in first, not even trying to hide the annoyance in his tone. “It means that Caleb fed you his blood in order to save you.”

My eyes widened in surprise. “You did what?” My voice came out as a squeak, my shock very evident.

Jace’s eyes flickered in Caleb’s direction, obviously not pleased by the announcement. “Look Melinda, I fed you my blood so that you would live. And Caleb here is just upset because I did it, and not him.”