New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /30/

Hello my amazing fans! I just want to say how happy I am that so many of you have been reading this story! It makes me feel so good! I love feedback and comments, and always appreciate it when you take the time to write one :) Also, the song that I have chosen for this chapter really sets the mood, so please listen to it! I hope that you vote, and tell me what you think! Thanks, and enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a very bad feeling within the pit of my stomach. Everything this evening seemed…off. Dusk was quickly approaching, and from the looks of it outside, so was a storm. The wind was rippling through the mansion, making the lights flicker at its ferocious behavior.

Something didn’t seem right. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but everything seemed unsettling. I didn’t want Jace to leave for the evening, but I knew it was important he discuss the issue of Cameron and the other hunters with his men. I really didn’t like the idea of being stuck here with Alexander.

I didn’t trust him one bit.

I know he has some secret agenda, and I think Jace knows this too. But he claims he can handle his cousin, and I almost believe him. Almost.

Alexander seems like he would be ruthless in any situation; more so than even Jace. I just think that he is planning something, and is waiting for the perfect moment to strike. But what’s his angle?

“Jace do you really have to go?” I questioned, as he slipped on his black pea coat. Turning towards me, his fingers slowly danced over the buttons.

He smiled slightly. “What’s wrong, Melinda? You know I’ll only be gone a short while.” He said, attempting to reassure me. I sighed, nodding my head slowly.

I paused for a moment, not sure what to say. “I know that, it’s just that something…doesn’t seem right.”

He quirked up an eyebrow, giving me a questioning look. “What do you mean? Everything is perfectly fine.” He stated, as he gently grasped my shoulders with his hands. “What’s the matter?”

I swallowed hard, not even knowing how to explain how I was feeling. “I…I don’t know. It’s just a feeling, you know? Like something bad is about to happen. I just don’t want you gone too long.”

His dark eyes stared intensely into my own, as warmth spread within them. “Melinda, you’re so sweet. But you don’t need to worry about me; I assure you I can take care of myself.” I gave him a skeptical look, to which he chuckled. “And I’ll have my guards with me, as well as guards here for you. Everything will be fine. And Alexander will cause no trouble.” He added on.

I let out a small exhale. “I’m sorry, I’m being silly. I just have this feeling.” I murmured, glancing down in embarrassment.

I felt something softly touch my chin, as Jace tilted my face up to look at him. “You don’t need to apologize for being concerned. I’m touched. But I also want you to know that nothing is going to happen, understand?” He said smoothly, as he stroked my chin.

I nodded my head. “I know, thank you Jace.” I replied, as I leaned forward to kiss him on the lips. He gladly responded, pulling me into his cool body. I wrapped my arm around his neck, enjoying the feeling of his touch.

Off in the distance, the sky lit up by lightning, causing me to jumpy. Jace let out a chuckle at my behavior. I gazed out the window, my eyebrows furrowed in worry. “Hurry up and come back home as soon as you can.”

Jace stared at me seriously for a moment, as if shocked by my words. I looked over at him, confused. “What? What’s wrong?”

He shot me a sly grin. “Nothing, it’s just that you called this place your home. I like that. I hope that you think of it that way.”