New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /11/

"This is a very, very bad idea Caleb." Nick stated for the hundredth time. I rolled my eyes at him, annoyed by his objections. "I mean this isn't going to work. The guards are stupid, but they're not THAT stupid."

I shook my head. "Will you shut the hell up? This will work, I'll make sure of it. I'm not just going to hand Melinda over to him." I retorted, and I could feel Nick's gaze digging into me. "I won't let him have her."

There was a pause for a moment. "No, you don't....no come on you're not that dumb. You don't actually have....feelings for her, do you?" I heard him question aloud. Immediately my head snapped up, and I met his critical stare.

I scoffed. "No! I don't have--feelings for her come on Nick that's crazy. I just---I uh, I promised her father that I would protect her, and I will. I'm a man of my word, and I'm not going to let some innocent girl get wrapped up in all of this bullshit." I answered quickly.

Nick gazed at me quietly, as if looking to see if I was lying. I clenched my jaw, irritated by this. "Stop staring dammit!" I exclaimed, as I stood up from the ground. "We need to focus. I think the guard's coming."

I could hear him snort. "Way to change the subject." He retorted.

I flipped him off, which caused him to laugh. "Shut up, he's coming. Remember the plan, you know what to do." I heard him groan in annoyance.

"I don't want to, it's gonna hurt like a bitch. And Marcus already hates me dude." He complained, and I simply shrugged.

"Well you're shit out of luck, here we go." I said, as I leaned against the cell bars. I cleared my throat. "I don't know, he looks pretty tough to me." I spoke loudly, so that Marcus would hear.

He was wearing all dark clothes, almost like a uniform. He was a pretty pathetic excuse of a vampire. A little on the stockier side, with greasy black hair. His dark eyes seemed a little to small for his head, and he was pretty dense. Nick and I use to give him hell all the time when we worked here.

Marcus especially hated Nick though. I don't know why, but since day one he's had it out for him. Probably a little case of jealousy. Either way, it was really annoying seeing those two go at it.

Nick snorted. "Yeah, sure. Marcus isn't nothing but a big pussy." Nick stated with a cocky smirk. Marcus glowered over at us as he heard this. "I mean even for a vampire, you're one ugly son-of-a-bitch."

I held back a smile. "What did you just say to me?" He growled, as he stepped towards the cell. Nick flicked his eyes on me, and I could tell he was cussing me out. I tried not to smirk.

Nick chuckled. "Come on Marcus, you're kind of bright...well, sort of. I mean damn aren't vampires suppose to be pretty or something? I mean, I know I am, and Caleb's a pretty beautiful man, but holy fuck you're mother must have been one ugly bitch."

Marcus eyes flickered with rage. "You piece of shit, I ought to teach you a few manners. Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" He hissed angrily, as he grasped onto the bars.

"Dude, can't you see the man is sensitive about his mother? Cut him some slack, I mean if I looked like that I'd be a little upset too." I stated with a chuckle.

I could see Marcus' anger increase by the second. "You two best keep your mouths shut. Jace left me in charge of you, and I can do whatever the hell I want to you." He said, his jaw clenched.

I stare at him, amused. "Yeah, sure you are. You're nothing but Jace's bitch. And that's all you're ever going to be Marcus. You can't touch us, you don't have the balls." I taunted, and I saw his eyes flash a deep crimson.