New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /30/

I am sorry for the delay! It was my birthday and I have been super busy with school! But I will try and update once a week again, if not sooner! Please let me know what you think! I liked writing this chapter, and hope it's intense enough for you all! Let me know what you think, and please vote and comment! Thanks, and enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I could do was listen to the pounding in my ears, my heart beating madly in my chest. I squinted into the darkness, willing my vision to adjust quickly to my surroundings.  

I knew that Alexander was close, and that I had little chance of escaping. A chill swept across my spine, as I attempted to inch my way closer towards the door. If I could just grab the handle, I could maybe make a run for it.

As my hand grasped the knob, I screamed as I felt a cool touch grasp my wrist. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” I heard him say, and I nearly jumped out of my skin when I realized he was standing just centimeters away from me.

I licked my dry lips, willing my voice not to tremble. “And why is that?” I questioned, as I attempted to keep my fear in check.

He let out a sigh, yet kept his hold. “Because I really don’t want this get messy, Melinda. And you running would do just that.” He answered simply, as his grip tightened ever so slightly. “Then I’d have to chase after you, and things could get physical; and not the good kind of physical.”

I felt myself pale at his words, disgust consuming me. Ew. 

I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself. “What do you want, Alexander?” I asked, trying to keep my tone even. I don’t want to push him because I have no clue what the hell is going through his mind.

“Isn’t it obvious?” He retorted, as he jerked me away from the door with a rough pull. I let out a cry of surprise, as another strike of lightning illuminated against the window sill. I wiggled against him, finally ripping my arm away.

I rubbed my wrist, which stung from the pressure of his grip. I could see Alexander much better now, as I glared at him. “Enlighten me.” I answered, my tone sounding icy.

He chuckled in response. “Well, I’ve always thought I’d look great with a crown on my head.” He stated nonchalantly. I narrowed my eyes at him. So he does want the throne. “Yet my dear cousin got it. He’s not even worthy of such a feat. I deserve it, not him.”

I couldn’t help but snicker at the comment. “Really, you deserve it? What world are you living in, Alexander? Jace was right about you; you’re reckless and big-headed and immature. You’re can’t possibly rule a kingdom. That is Jace’s job, not yours.”

Obviously I struck a nerve. Before I could even comprehend what was happening, Alexander had me pushed up against the wall, his forearm pressed lightly against my throat. I let out a gasp of shock.

“You should be wise enough to hold your tongue, Melinda. Big bad Jace is not here to save you should you…fall out of line. And my wouldn’t that be tragic.” He murmured, his eyes stared intensely into my own.

I swallowed hard. “I’m not afraid of you.” I breathed, as he pressed his arm just a little more against me. “And neither is Jace. You’re just a little boy trying to play dress up. You’ll never be king.” I spat at him.

I felt a sharp sting against my cheek, as I let out a soft cry. Immediately it began to throb, as rage flickered in Alexander’s eyes. He dropped his arm from my throat, as I clutched my now wounded cheek.

“You’re beautiful, there’s no doubt about that. But we’ll have to do something about that mouth of yours.” He stated, as he rubbed his chin in thought.