Goodnight Jon

There was a knock at the door and Kitty looked up from her book come in she said sweetly as she put her book down and turned her attention to the door only to see Jon smiling at her something covered in a cloth laying in his arms.

'We leave tomorrow' he said trying to sound more excited than he was. With his sister leaving his one family member that actually loved him, his place was no longer in Winterfell.

'Please don't remind me.' she said she slumped against her bedframe. Jon came and sat next to her. 'I got you something' he said holding up the covered objective arms.

'what is this for?' she asked looking at the object in his arms.

'Something to remember me by when you're far far away.'

'You could come with, forget the wall and come to kings landing.' she said softly knowing the answer would be now that he couldn't.

'If I could my dear I would stay by your side forever, but the capital is no place for a man like me.'

'a good man? A brave man? A kind man? A-' he kissed her head silencing her.

'But sadly I cannot, our paths are on two different tracks you were going to do great things my dear sister.'

'And you are going to be a great protector at the wall. everyone is going to love you and be so impressed by how skilled you are.' She was going to cry she didn't want to lose her brother. Just then a tear slipped down her cheek and he wiped it away.

'Here,' he said holding out the object she took the cloth from it only to reveal a beautiful leg it was wooden with A nice soft for covering the top where it would meet her knee the leather straps were rimmed with tiny jewels and the wood itself had flowers and vines painted all over it, it was stunning. 'Oh Jon!' she cried out and hugged him tightly. 'I've never received something so wonderful before. It's absolutely beautiful I do not deserve this.'

' You deserve this and so much more my sweet sister. I'm sorry I will not be with you on your journey to see you and to greatness but know that I love you and I will think of you always... I love you and will think of you fondly every day until my last breath.' Kitty was going to cry again at jons sweet gift and sweeter words. 'It's getting late and we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow.' Jon told her standing up from the bed but she grabbed his arm.

'Stay? Please? Since the last time I'll see you for who knows how long I want to spend every moment I can with you.' Now how could he say no to that? slowly started to remove his jacket and boots and she curled into his side as he pulled the blankets up around them running an arm hand up and down her arm. She wrapped her arm around him holding him tightly afraid for when she let go she would lose him forever.

'Good night my sweet sister.'

'good night my wonderful brother.'