Brienne of Tarth

Arya was practicing as she always did when they stopped walking, needle flying through the air, water dancing like syrio taught her. she was moving on top of the cliff side when she noticed a woman a large woman with armor and sword.

'People coming... people coming. you can shit later! there are people coming! where is kitty?'

'Good morning' the woman said approaching them. Arya stood her ground defensively, her sword pointed at the woman.

'I like your sword' she said 'are we getting close to the bloody gate?' the woman asked

'About 10 more miles' arya told her.

'You hear that Podrick only 10 more miles to the bloody gate!' she called over her shoulder and a young man carrying all the supplies came hobbling up the hill.

'Are you a knight?' arya questioned looking at her sword and armor.

'No.'

'But you know how to use that sword?' arya questioned.

'I do'

'Does it have a name?' Arya got closer putting her sword away

'Oathkeeper' she woman said

'Mines called needle' she told them

'Good name'

'Who taught you how to fight?' arya questioned getting closer. Seeing them no longer as a threat.

'My father'

'Mine never wanted to teach me he said fighting was for boys.' Arya told her

"Mine said the same thing but I kept fighting the boys anyways, kept losing finally my father said if you're going to do it you might as well do it right.' The woman told her. Sandor finally done shitting appeared behind arya fastening his belt. 'Seven blessings I am Brienne of Tarth and this is Podrick Payne' the woman said smiling over at him

'Do you want something?' Sandor questioned looking from Arya to the very large woman, "wheres your sister?' he hissed. Arya shrugged her shoulders.

'That is sandor Clegane... the hound' Podrick said. A long moment passed as Brienne looked at arya.

'You are Arya Stark...' Brienne said looking the girl over again more closely this time

'I said what do you want?' sandor spat getting his sword ready.

'Whats going on?' kitty said coming up behind them. she took a step back when she saw the size of the woman.

"Katarina Stark?' Brienne asked noticing the cane, and sandor pulled kitty behind him.

'I swore to your mother that I would bring you home to her' Brienne still focused on arya.

'Our mother is dead' arya informed her

'I know I wish I could've been there to protect her' Brienne told her.

'You're not a northerner' Kitty remarked.

'But I swore sacred vow to protect her' Brienne said taking a step forward. Kitty clutched onto sandors armor.

"Shit job you did.' Sandor spat.

'Why didn't you?' arya questioned

'She commanded me to bring Jaime Lannister back to King landing.' Brienne told them.

'Paid by the Lannister, you're here for the bounty on me!' Sander declared.

'I'm not paid by the Lannister's' Brienne corrected.

'No? Fancy sword you got there where did you get it?' sandor stood in front of kitty and arya getting closer to the giant woman. 'I've been looking at Lannister gold all my life go on Brianne of fucking Tarth tell me that is not Lannister gold.' He spat.

'Jaime Lannister gave me this sword' she corrected.

'The bloody gate is 10 miles' Arya repeated.

'I swore to your mother by the old gods and the new-' Brienne tried again

'I don't care what you swore!' Arya spat.'you didn't protect her so what makes us think that you could protect me!' Arya questioned. 'you were with our mother how long?'

"not long but I-'

'We have been with sandor for months! He has protected us. I trust him. I trust him with my life.' Kitty informed her and sandor smirked back at her.

'She's not coming with you' sandor told Brienne. Brienne looked to arya.

'Your mother wanted me to bring back you and sansa.' She told arya. 'is she here as well?'

'No.' kitty spat. 'arya if you want to go, go.' Kitty said venomously. Of course Catelyn wouldn't want her safetly returned but it still hurt all the same, that even in death her mother didn't give a damn about her. But Arya didn't budge.

'Valyrian steel I've always wanted some valerian steel.' Sandor said taking note of her sword.

'Come with me I will take you to safety' she said to the girls.

'Safety?' sandor questioned "safety! where the fuck is that? Their aunt in the veil is dead, their mother is dead! their father is dead! their brother is dead! Winterfell is a pile of rubble!' sandor reminded her. "There is no safety you dumb bitch, if you don't know that by now you're the wrong one to watch over them.'

'That's what you're doing watching over her?' she asked skeptically.

'aye that's what I'm doing.' They both shed their swords.

They fought for them, kitty couldn't bear this, if the woman would just listen to her that she wasn't going with her, that arya was not going with her, she wouldn't have to die. They fought getting closer and closer to the edge of a cliff.

Arya ran off and arya's black wardrobe blending in with the rocks surrounding them. kitty didn't notice though she was focused on sandor. It looked like Sandor was winning Brienne was on the floor but then he was on the ground and she was biting his neck, stab after stab, punch after punch it looked bleak. But Brienne used all her strength all her power and kept punching him until he tumbled off the cliff rolling down to the bottom. kitty watched in horror before turning away and moving as fast as her leg could carry her, she was not going with this woman, not then and certainly not now.

'Arya!' Brienne screamed looking for her. 'Arya!' she looked for the girls but they had vanished. "ARYA! KATARINA!"

Kitty knew she couldnt out run them. Physically she couldnt or else she would. So as sandor fought brienne of tarth kitty slowly back up while Podrick was distracted she didnt even notice arya leaving as well.

'Where are they?' Brienne questioned in disbelief.

'I dont she was just here' podrick exclamied and kitty held her breath.

'Why werent you watching them?' Brienne shouted

'I was watching you!'

'Find them! The elder is a cripple she cant have gotten far.' Brienne told him, calling after her and arya.