Chapter 13: Coincidence

"Alright, welcome to my shop! How can I help you..." the doctor said coming into the room, as he searched for the documents on his desk, "Mr and Mrs Harrelson?"

Nichelle blushed and bowed her head, pinching her lips shut. Hondo smiled at her, and then turned to the doctor. "Afternoon, doc. We would like information and to consult alternatives for fertilization."

"So...we want to start a new family, huh?" he said as he removed his white coat and hung it on the coat rack attached to the wall.

"Yes, sir." he said as he stretched his hand to grab hers.

Meanwhile, 15 miles away...

He had been watching from his car for ten minutes, waiting. Patiently. He watched as his brother went in through a side corridor into the back of a building. It had been over 10 minutes and there was no sign of him.

BZZZT

BZZZT

Where are you? I need backup, Tan.

He read Deacon's text, but his mind was still in the action unfolding in front of him. He made sure to park to the side, in an isolated alley, overlooking the corner of the intersections. The three story house was located in a nice suburban neighborhood, with regular houses  and surroundings. Nothing jumped out. Could he be having an affair? Dealing?

I'm out for lunch. I'll text you when I finish.

He needed to give himself some minutes to think. If his brother was doing shady business, he needed to confront him. Luca was right, his brother needed them. That's what family is for.

BZZZT

BZZZT

Everything ok?

Nobody could trick Deacon, he knew so. However, right now wasn't the time to play ball with his boss. 

Yeah, thanks.

Ok, if you need anything please let me know. No questions asked!

He might take him up on that, if it got to that point, which he hoped it didn't. All of a sudden...

BANG

BANG

He radioed in: "Shots fired, shots fired! Intersection of Thomas and Graveman streets, 1.5 miles from LA Southern Mall"

Tan immediately opened the door and exited the car. He stepped onto the main street and noticed two groups of around 7 or 8 going at it from car to car, coming down the street, wildly.

BANG  BANG

BANG  BANG

They were shooting continuous rounds as the drivers tried to keep the cars at a steady pace. Tan got his weapon out but moved behind the side wall for cover. The shooting intensified and the two cars got closer and closer. Tan could hear screams at the distance, but he focused on the targets. He heard the sirens from afar, hoping for backup and patrol of potential victims in the vicinity.

When he took a glance across the street he noticed his brother had come out of the building and was hiding behind a bush. Thankfully the cars never stopped and continued rolling by.

"Hey!" Tan called

"VICTOR!" his brother yelled from across the street.

Both brothers approached each other and hugged, as Tan could feel his brother's body trembling in fear.

"Relax, ok? Breathe! Breathe!" he paused as his brother tried to slow down his breathing, "What are you doing here?"

"You followed me?" the man asked between breaths